cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

V6 picture problems

Mort
On our wavelength

Hi

I have 2 v6 boxes and both have picture problems on certain channels ranging from error code W02 to heavy pixelation.

I spent 1.5 hours on the phone with VM support swapping hdmi cables / rebooting v6 boxes / rebooting the Hub and swapping from ethernet to wifi with no fix,I was told the technical would be monitoring the signals ?.

I have used the online tools for Service Status and it shows that there are errors on both boxes but when you select the option to fix - the app just goes into a loop.

What do I need to do now to have the issue fixed.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

W02 is a TiVo-software loss of signal error, so the standard advice applies. The comment about a tech monitoring your signals sounds very much like an agent wanting to get you off the phone without actually dealing with the issue. And in the same vein, live TV doesn't use the internet - so rebooting your hub and swapping Ethernet/WiFi is an exercise in futility.

Pixellated pictures on live TV are often the sign of a signal fault. If you've rebooted your box once, then there's likely a fault somewhere, so this will need VM to intervene. You're likely to need either an engineer visit or a replacement box, depending on what VM's remote diagnostics turn up.

First check the automated faults line for any existing issues in your area that could be the cause: 0800 5610061. If nothing's reported, assume VM don't know about your fault and ideally you'll need to call them.

150 from a VM phone, 0345 4541111 from any other phone - choose the options for "I have a fault with my TV service". Alternatively you can wait on here for staff to respond, which may take a day or so.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

8 REPLIES 8

japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

W02 is a TiVo-software loss of signal error, so the standard advice applies. The comment about a tech monitoring your signals sounds very much like an agent wanting to get you off the phone without actually dealing with the issue. And in the same vein, live TV doesn't use the internet - so rebooting your hub and swapping Ethernet/WiFi is an exercise in futility.

Pixellated pictures on live TV are often the sign of a signal fault. If you've rebooted your box once, then there's likely a fault somewhere, so this will need VM to intervene. You're likely to need either an engineer visit or a replacement box, depending on what VM's remote diagnostics turn up.

First check the automated faults line for any existing issues in your area that could be the cause: 0800 5610061. If nothing's reported, assume VM don't know about your fault and ideally you'll need to call them.

150 from a VM phone, 0345 4541111 from any other phone - choose the options for "I have a fault with my TV service". Alternatively you can wait on here for staff to respond, which may take a day or so.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Beth_G
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi Mort

Thanks for your post - sorry to hear you're having issues with your TV service and we weren't able to help over the phone.

I've had a look from here and there's no known outages in your area to be aware of currently. We can see that your TV boxes are currently switched off though. If you could turn them both on for us, we'll be able to run some diagnostics for you.

Please let us know once you have done so and we can help further 😊

Beth

Mort
On our wavelength

Hi - thanks for the reply, both boxes are now switched on

Mort
On our wavelength

just ran the service status check and it shows that both boxes have a problem with an option to fix but when you select fix the app goes into a loop.

Please help

Thanks for coming back to us Mort. we would need to book a technician to resolve the issues that you're having with your picture. I can arrange the appointment from here but would need to confirm a few details via a private message, that I will drop over in a moment. Please look out for the private message and we can get started.
Kind Regards,
Steven_L

Steven_L
Forum Team
Forum Team

You're very welcome Mort and if you get the chance, please let us know how the visit, if you get the chance to do so. 

Kind Regards,

Steven_L

Mort
On our wavelength

Engineer visited yesterday and found that a "splitter" had a problem so that was changed plus to be sure he also changed the amplifier which was used for the second v6 box and all is now well.

Thank you for your help

Hey @Mort Thanks for replying to us here. 👋🏼

I'm glad to hear the issue has not been resolved by our engineers. 😇
Reach out to us for any other queries and we'll assist where we can.

Kind regards,
Ilyas.

Ilyas_Y
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs