cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Just installed not got what I was told I'd get

Kazer61
Joining in

I've just had virgin installed and to be fair excellent service. But when I started to set up my channels I was disappointed to find sky witness is not in, and I would have to upgrade. When the gentleman came round to my house he convinced me to move from sky telling me I would still get the sky channels I watch (witness and Atlantic). Not a happy bunny 

7 REPLIES 7

Adduxi
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Don’t forget your 14 day cooling off period.  You can leave without penalty 

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

You'd posted in the TiVo section of this forum, VM haven't installed TiVo's for several years now & all new installs are to TV360. No biggie, your post has been moved.

The channel choice is dictated by the TV package you're on, this should be listed on your contract and/or any documentation you've been given - you can compare this with the channel chart at the bottom of https://www.virginmedia.com/virgin-tv-edit/tv/virgin-tv-360-channel-guide 

You should have the 14day cooling-off period in any case, but the first step is to establish what you've bought and what you've been provided with.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

newapollo
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

@Kazer61 wrote:

I've just had virgin installed and to be fair excellent service. But when I started to set up my channels I was disappointed to find sky witness is not in, and I would have to upgrade. When the gentleman came round to my house he convinced me to move from sky telling me I would still get the sky channels I watch (witness and Atlantic). Not a happy bunny 

VM customers don't have access to the Sky Atlantic channel, although some of the Sky Atlantic programs are now being shown on Sky Showcase..

Dave
I don't work for Virgin Media.
I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge.
Problem solved? Click to mark as a Helpful Answer, or use Kudos to say thanks
The do's and don'ts.
Keep the community welcoming for all. Please read the FAQ's
The Service you do for others is the rent you pay for your room here on Earth - Muhammad Ali

roy247
Community elder

As Adduxi said you can cancel, and don't buy from doorstep sales people who will say what you want to hear to get their commission whoever they work for..

Hi there @Kazer61 

Thank you so much for your post and welcome to the community forums, it's great to have you here.

We are so sorry that this has happened and thank you to our community team for their replies so far. If you would like we would be happy to raise a complaint for you in regards to this via a private message, please do let us know if you would like us to. 

Yes please that would be great 

Thank you 

Hi Kazer61

Thank you for getting back to us. I'll drop you a PM now so I can take your details and raise a complaint for you.

Beth