cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Champions league semi final and final not in 4k?

happyrobot
Up to speed

So the current semi finals are not in 4k and I read that the final will also not be in 4k.

So I'm confused. Why am I paying extra for 4k sports on TNT, when it is not being broadcast in 4k?

Apparently they are being broadcast in 1080p HDR instead. Well it definitely isn't on the current HD channels.

Can someone from virgin help? 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

ozsat
Superstar

It was a UEFA decision that they will not provide 4K pictures of their European finals and also the Euros.

UEFA relegates UHD for Euro 2024 and Champions League Final 

@happyrobot wrote:

So the current semi finals are not in 4k and I read that the final will also not be in 4k.

So I'm confused. Why am I paying extra for 4k sports on TNT, when it is not being broadcast in 4k?

Apparently they are being broadcast in 1080p HDR instead. Well it definitely isn't on the current HD channels.

==================================
1.2Gb/100Mb in Oxford (area 31) using SH5

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

12 REPLIES 12

1701-e
Superfast

If that's the case then you'll need to take it up with the broadcasters TNT. Not a virgin media issue 

roy247
Superstar

According to this the final will be on TNT ultimate and as it's in the UK I think it will be, but they sometimes get things wrong usually with European games and it's always games not played in the UK so it might be false info given out by TNT because I know from past experience that the TV guide changes for TNT Ultimate you set a recording from the EPG in advance and then it's gone off the Ultimate channel and is only available on TNT Sports 1.

ozsat
Superstar

It was a UEFA decision that they will not provide 4K pictures of their European finals and also the Euros.

UEFA relegates UHD for Euro 2024 and Champions League Final 

@happyrobot wrote:

==================================
1.2Gb/100Mb in Oxford (area 31) using SH5

Good chance to test your TV's upscaling against the 360 box for football.

What a backwards step this is, next they will stop broadcasting HD!

japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

@happyrobot wrote:

Why am I paying extra for 4k sports on TNT

You're not! TNT Sports Ultimate is included within a TNT Sports subscription.

@fletch26 wrote:

What a backwards step this is, next they will stop broadcasting HD!

Your complaint lies with UEFA, or potentially TNT Sports at a stretch. Virgin Media carry the channels as broadcast.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

No it doesn't lie with uefa or TNT Sports. I have purchased with Virgin and my contract is with Virgin. They are responsible for advertising what they sell correctly and accurately. Welcome to UK consumer law

It is a Virgin Media issue. My contract and purchase is with Virgin. It's astonishing how many people don't understand UK consumer law, and are apologists for big corporations 

japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

@happyrobot wrote:

I have purchased with Virgin and my contract is with Virgin. They are responsible for advertising what they sell correctly and accurately

Where do Virgin media advertise that specific sporting events are natively in a particular broadcast format? They advertise the provision of a particular channel, and that is supplied.

Happy to see evidence of the contrary.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks