cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Older box

Alison28
Joining in

I have an older style box which is quite slow, how do I get a new one?  

3 REPLIES 3

japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Firstly be very careful of what you're asking for - there are two boxes you could potentially be swapped for.

1: The V6 runs the same software as your current TiVo but on a much newer and quicker box. This is an upgrade in every sense, providing you have VM home broadband.

2: The TV360 runs on the same box as the V6 but is very different software and fundamentally not TiVo. Opinions vary wildly.

VM hand out conversions to TV360 on the slightest excuse and won't think twice of offering one if you give them a chance. If you would prefer to remain on the TiVo-software or otherwise am not sure of TV360, be very aware.

Faulty TiVo's are replaced with V6 as a matter of course - does your TiVo have any service faults?

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Being incredibly slow is a service fault.   They should be replacing these old tivo boxes automatically, they aren't fit for purpose anylonger. 

OP - hopefully somebody will be along to offer to change this for a V6. They did the same for me last week. 

Vikki_M
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi Alison28

Thank you for your post and welcome to our community. 

We cant do package changes over the forums, however if you could please either call the team on 150 from a Virgin Media Landline or 03454541111 from any other phone or send the team a message via WhatsApp on 07305 327 112, they will be able to discuss all the options for you and arrange installation of the new TV set top box. 

Vikki - Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide