cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Moving to a non virgin area

andythebassman
Tuning in

We are thinking of moving house but where we are looking doesn't have virgin available.  It is a new development which has fibre broadband supplied by other providers so I was wondering if it was possible to keep my current virgin tv package but connect via another isp?

4 REPLIES 4

newapollo
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Hi andythebassman 

Sorry to say but VM TV packages aren't available without subscribing to VM broadband.

It might still be possible to VM at your new address even if it's not listed as being currently available.

Sometimes new builds haven't been added to VM's systems yet - it might be worthwhile speaking to sales and ask them to double check.

Dave
I don't work for Virgin Media.
I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge.
Problem solved? Click to mark as a Helpful Answer, or use Kudos to say thanks
The do's and don'ts.
Keep the community welcoming for all. Please read the FAQ's
The Service you do for others is the rent you pay for your room here on Earth - Muhammad Ali

nodrogd
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

@andythebassman wrote:

We are thinking of moving house but where we are looking doesn't have virgin available.  It is a new development which has fibre broadband supplied by other providers so I was wondering if it was possible to keep my current virgin tv package but connect via another isp?

Virgins TV services work on their internal network. They are not available to the wider internet so will not work on other providers Broadband.

VM 350BB 2xV6 & Landline. Freeview/Freesat HD, ASDA/Tesco PAYG Mobile. Cable customer since 1993

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Matthew_ML
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hey andythebassman, thank you for reaching out and I am sorry to hear this.

As mentioned above this wouldn't be possible sorry.

However we are always looking and expanding out network I  would sign up for some news here. Cheers 

Matt - Forum Team

New around here?

Roger_Gooner
Alessandro Volta

You will be charged an EDF.

--
Hub 5, TP-Link TL-SG108S 8-port gigabit switch, 360
My Broadband Ping - Roger's VM hub 5 broadband connection