cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Pixelation

DanAbi
Joining in

Hi, 

I’ve had horrendous pixelation making the to unwatchable for nearly 2 weeks , the app says to switch off / on , done this countless times , spent time to get the automated replies, says there is an intermittent issue try again , 2 WEEKS LATER still here and no real answer, tried booking an engineer but after spending loads of time navigating the auto system with no real progress I’ve come here, I know how this type of thing works and I have a massively fluctuated signal on the TiVo diagnostic with a lowSNR number , all I want is an engineer as it ain’t going to fix itself , short of stopping one in the street I don’t know what to do , got a signal strength at 60-75% and a snr between 24 and 34 deffo not right, just spent 30 mins on tech support only to get cut off 

5 REPLIES 5

japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Pixellated pictures on live TV are often the sign of a signal fault. If you've rebooted your box once, then there's likely a fault somewhere, so this will need VM to intervene.

First check the automated faults line for any existing issues in your area that could be the cause: 0800 5610061. If nothing's reported, assume VM don't know about your fault and ideally you'll need to call them.

150 from a VM phone, 0345 4541111 from any other phone - choose the options for "I have a fault with my TV service". Alternatively you can wait on here for staff to respond, which may take a day or so.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

DanAbi
Joining in

Thanks for the standard reply I’ve see. Before , please can I pm you to arrange a visit rather that trawling through the automated service that doesn’t work or a service I hang on for only to be cut off , obviously if you reboot a router with a line attached it will drop , I’ll ring you back if it drops obviously isn’t the case 

rather than the £100+ I pay you a month maybe I should actively look at sky or another supplier 

japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

That's a standard reply because "my picture is pixellating" is quite a common query on this forum, and the same advice applies to 95%+ of them.

As you'll see from the signature on all of my posts, I'm not VM staff.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Hi DanAbi, thanks for the message, we have sent a signal down the line, can you reboot and let me know if anything has changed? - Chris. 

Hi

got your engineer out eventually, he was great , replaced every connector, upgraded by hub from 4 to 5 , went to the box and did whatever voodoo they do , also ordered me a new road to house line as mine is over 25 years old , working ok so far and still got the new cable to go in the road in the next few days so hoping for a fully stable service , next thing to combat is my £111 bill per month , now it seems to work I might stay