Sky sports in SD is no good and we feel VM should have told us

in discussion with CEO office but will leave VM after 20+ years of not resolved

[MOD EDIT: Post split to create own thread]

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

You've not mentioned what size of TV you're viewing on, but many SD channels do struggle on anything much bigger than 32inch screens.

Can you post a picture or video of the issue you're reporting, that's specific to Sky Sports Tennis HD?

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

11 REPLIES 11

japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

You've not mentioned what size of TV you're viewing on, but many SD channels do struggle on anything much bigger than 32inch screens.

Can you post a picture or video of the issue you're reporting, that's specific to Sky Sports Tennis HD?

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

monet208
Dialled in

We just added Sky Sports to our package so my wife could watch the new tennis channel so she could enjoy her favourite sport whilst recovering from two cancer surgeries 

The  tennis picture is terrible with the ball hardly visible going over the net towards the player at the other end! We have 3 boxes and 3 newish TV’s and it’s the same on all 3!

An email to the CEO said reboot/ check connections and if ok call us ( we had already tried that!)

After a 50 minute call to VM the issue was passed to another team and I was told to expect picture quality improvement in 24 hours

The representative acknowledged HD picture quality would be better

He confirmed that when I added the package I was not told that HD was a better quality picture compared to the SD package I was sold!

VM Managers know this and it is mentioned in this Community

i will report back - watch this space!!

I didn't think VM still sold Sky Sports in SD,  I only have the HD versions by defualt (UHD is extra but not really worth it). You are right, tennis is awful in SD, the net is just a fuzzy mess - in HD you can see the squares that make up the net. Keep pestering them! 

japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

@monet208 wrote:

The  tennis picture is terrible with the ball hardly visible going over the net towards the player at the other end! We have 3 boxes and 3 newish TV’s and it’s the same on all 3!

@monet208You've posted twice in separate sections of the forum, but also had a reply which you may not have seen. Read post#2 in this now-combined thread.

IMG_0783.jpeg

hi

tv is a 55” LG led 4k cinema +HDR

you cannot see the ball when it goes over into the far court for the server to return!

Thanks for your confirmation I have no intention of not getting this resolved 

Posted below

David

Steven_L
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hey monet208,

Welcome back to the community and thanks for taking the time to post here on the forums. I’m sorry to hear of the issues that you’re having with your the picture on Sky Sports SD. 

I can see that your complaint is being dealt with by the best team. Have you had any further updates since you last posted?

Kind Regards,

Steven_L

Good morning 

My second email to Lutz resulted in a call from the Complaints team this am

The only solution offered to the misold SD Sky Sports package in SD was to go to the HD version for +£7/month on top of the £13 already paid

This increases our package price by 40%. More if you add the coming April increase

So our Complaint stays open whilst we look at the cost of leaving VM after 20* years and going to another provider.We are getting a further call on Wednesday afternoon to hear our final response to the offer but as we are so upset how VM have ignored Dawns needs it will probably be to leave VM

thanks for replying