cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Why can’t I watch sky sports?

Thisisrubbish
Tuning in

IMG_0282.png

 I’ve paid for sky through Virgin and managed to log into the sky sports app but the above message comes up. Any help please? 

6 REPLIES 6

nodrogd
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Which channel is it?

If you are trying to watch Sky Sports Mix or Sky Sports News, these are now available directly from the Virgin TV Go app. Access through the Sky Sports app to these channels has now been blocked by the broadcaster as they are not part of the Sky Sports subscription package.

VM 350BB 2xV6 & Landline. Freeview/Freesat HD, ASDA/Tesco PAYG Mobile. Cable customer since 1993

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Carley_S
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi @Thisisrubbish 

Welcome to the community forums 

Sorry to hear you're having issues with the Sky Sports app at this time. 

Do you see this error on all channels or just the one channel? 
Does this affected all the programmes on this one channel or all of them?

Here to help 🙂
Virgin Media Forums Agent
Carley

Every sports channel

japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

@nodrogd wrote:

Access through the Sky Sports app to these channels has now been blocked by the broadcaster as they are not part of the Sky Sports subscription package.

Interesting, because I don't see this. SS Mix & SS News are still available on both the TV Go app & Sky Sports app for me - as they always have been.

Doesn't alter the point that it's always useful to be clear on specific channels with these queries - which many people omit to mention.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

So despite paying for the sports channels through virgin I can’t watch the sky sports channels on the go in any format?

Hi there @Thisisrubbish 

Thank you so much for your post and welcome to the community forums, it's great to have you here. 

I am so sorry that you have faced this issue with your service! If you are subscribed to these services then you should be able to use the app, have you been able to try on an alternative device at all?