cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Virgin TV go app - cannot play recordings

NikkiP1977
Joining in

I'm also having issues. Whenever I go to watch one of my saved recordings in the app it comes back with Not Available - sorry we can't play this at the moment.  It was all fine a few weeks ago but now won't play any recordings.   I've tried everything - resetting the hub, deleting and reinstalling the app but nothing. 

[MOD EDIT: Post split to create own thread]

5 REPLIES 5

alecf1
Dialled in

Do you have multiple vm boxes, eg lounge and bedroom ?

No we just have the one box

Hi @NikkiP1977 

Thanks for posting and welcome to the community.

Sorry to hear of the recording playback issue on TV GO. 

Is it just one recording or all? Does the recording work on your TV box itself?

Keep us posted.

John_GS
Forum Team

Need a helpful hand to show you how to make a payment? Check out our guide - How to pay my Virgin Media bill

It is all recordings but I can play them on my TV

Hi NikkiP1977, 

Thanks for coming back to us on this one. This can sometimes happen for a few different reasons. 

The first thing to check is that your 360 box is in Fast start or Active mode instead of Eco mode. If this is already the case, make sure the app you're using and the OS of your device is fully up to date. 

Once you've done these checks, can you have a look at the CPE IP address on the app? We need to check if this displays a valid IP address show up or if it show's up as unknown? To check this, click on your profile icon at the top > Settings > Diagnostics > CPE IP. 

If it's showing as unknown, then click the icon next to the search bar in the top right corner and disconnect from your 360 box and reconnect. This is a workaround that our VIP user Ernie has let us know of and it should refresh things and allow an IP to be registered. Hopefully you will then be able to watch the recordings without any issues. 

Please pop back and let us know how things go. 

Thanks, 

Kath_F
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs