cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

TVGO, can't see recordings using 360

Nilot
On our wavelength

Hello,

Please can you help. TVGO message always says “This recording is only available on your Home network.” I frequently need to see my recordings remotely when travelling etc.

I have had 360:for three years, TVGO a lot longer on V6. and always worked perfectly on V6.I have read all the community questions and replies on this so would appreciate not having a standard pasted in response.asking me to reboot, reinstall app etc . The 360 box is connected to the Hub 3.0 via Ethernet. All devices are on the same subnet. Private address in WiFi settings is active. I’ve rebooted the TV Box as instructed manyntimes, reinstalled the TV go app, logged in again etc.
I’m running iOS/iPadOS 17:4.1m;on iPad min 5.

After a considerable amount of time, this has now become extremely infuriating. There is no point in offering TVGO if it doesn’t work. If not sorted, will definitely not continue with Virgin Media when my contract ends

Virgin Media Tech, have you got an answer after all this time? Please can you message me.

Thanks.

4 REPLIES 4

Ernie_C
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Sorry. I’m not understanding your question.

How can you be away from home and have your device on the same network as the TV 360?

As far as I recall, you’ve never been able to watch recordings while you’re travelling.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

nodrogd
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

@Nilot wrote:

I frequently need to see my recordings remotely when travelling etc.

Home recordings are only licenced to be viewed at the address where the Virgin account is held. If your devices are not all within your home network you will not be able to stream between them. It’s as simple as that. This is a broadcaster imposed restriction, & applies to ALL TV platforms in the UK, so whether you are with VM, Sky or A N Other, you will still not be able to stream recordings outside your home address. What you can do is use the catchup services provided by the broadcasters, & also a handful will allow you to download to your device WHILE AT HOME for viewing remotely.

VM 350BB 2xV6 & Landline. Freeview/Freesat HD, ASDA/Tesco PAYG Mobile. Cable customer since 1993

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Nilot
On our wavelength

Hello Ernie C,

I used to be able to see all my recordings on TVGO whilst away. Now when I am away, the message says that you cannot view recordings because you are not on home network. I can watch tv programmes on TVGO, but not recordings. All devices are registered to the home network.

nodrogd
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

@Nilot wrote:

Hello Ernie C,

I used to be able to see all my recordings on TVGO whilst away. Now when I am away, the message says that you cannot view recordings because you are not on home network. I can watch tv programmes on TVGO, but not recordings. All devices are registered to the home network.

I assure you it has never been possible to watch recordings outside your home address (unless using something like a Slingbox, which illegally bypasses the remote streaming rules). NO broadcaster has ever allowed the facility. You can stream On Demand or catch-up from broadcasters sites, but nothing that you have recorded yourself.

The only thing you can control on the box outside your home is recording management (setting & deleting etc).

VM 350BB 2xV6 & Landline. Freeview/Freesat HD, ASDA/Tesco PAYG Mobile. Cable customer since 1993