cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

TV control app abroad

gcfalco
On our wavelength

I’m currently in Spain but can’t use the TV Control app.

I can see what’s recording / recorded but can’t delete/ record using the app (I can’t watch anything tho I’m not bothered about that!).

The info tab says box not found need & I need re-scan but it makes no difference.

Any suggestions for a fix or am I out of luck till l’m home?

6 REPLIES 6

japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

If you can see what's recording now, that suggests the app is viewing your box and I'm surprised you can't delete or set new recordings. Viewing recordings has always been limited to at-home viewing, so that's not the issue.

You can only scan for new boxes when the device is connected to the same subnet as the V6, so you'd be out-of-luck until returning home, if that's the issue. But I'd be sceptical if you can view existing recordings - because that's the V6 being accessed.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Kain_W
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi gcfalco,

Thanks for your post and welcome back to the community.

Many apologies for any issues faced with the app, just to gain further clarificaiton are you looking to just set/delete recordings? 

Regards,

Kain

PhilipF
Superfast

The box is in standby

japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

@PhilipF wrote:

The box is in standby

@PhilipF

Are you the OP with another forum account? Or do you have your own issues? If the latter, better to start your own thread.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

No issue, I noted a while ago that if you have two 360 boxes when one is on standby with recordings on it and you activate the other box and try and delete from the box in standby it will not delete from it until you activate it. Hope that's clearer. 

Hey PhilipF, thank you for reaching out.

Sometimes when you are overseas it may not work as well as it should do this could be a factor of the time difference for example.

Please can you let us know if this is the case when you get back to the UK. Cheers 

Matt - Forum Team

New around here?