cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

"Please replace the batteries in your remote control"

emmmme3
Tuning in

I'm getting the above notification in the corner of the screen whenever I press any button on my remote, despite having changed the batteries. I'm using a One For All remote, not sure if that might be part of the issue. I even took the old Virgin remote out of the cupboard and replaced the batteries in that too in case that was the issue, but the notification remained. Has anyone else had this? Does anyone have a remedy to get rid of it? Thanks

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

roy247
Superstar

Hi emmmme3,

The message shouldn't be anything to do with your One for All remote it will be your 360 remote, now you have put new batteries in the 360 remote you might need to repair it to the 360,;

Press and hold the TV and Rewind button for 10 seconds which will factory reset the 360 remote. After the factory reset, try pressing TV and 0 button for 10 seconds and it should now force pairing.

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

2 REPLIES 2

roy247
Superstar

Hi emmmme3,

The message shouldn't be anything to do with your One for All remote it will be your 360 remote, now you have put new batteries in the 360 remote you might need to repair it to the 360,;

Press and hold the TV and Rewind button for 10 seconds which will factory reset the 360 remote. After the factory reset, try pressing TV and 0 button for 10 seconds and it should now force pairing.

Thanks for the quick response - that appears to have resolved it! Cheers for the help!