cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unable to manage my Stream Box

BFL
Tuning in

I took delivery of a new Virgin Media Stream Box last week. The setup was relatively quick and straight-forward. My first impression is that I'm very happy with the box and I like that it offers more HD channels than Freesat and Freeview and it seems quite responsive and robust. However, I'm unable to manage my Stream Box subscriptions so I can't add/remove any subscriptions to the box (Netflix/Disney+/Entertainment etc). When I try doing it through the box, I just get an error message telling me there's a technical problem at the moment and it shows me a QR code that takes me to virginmedia.com/manage-stream. When I use this link and log in to my account, I can see that Stream is on my account but when I click on Manage, I get an error message again and I'm unable to add or remove anything. This has been going on for five days now. I've checked online and found quite a few posts on this forum about this so I'm not the only one having this problem. However, I haven't been able to find any solutions to this. What seems obvious is that it's not a hardware problem so a new box or a tech visit probably won't make a difference. My best guess is that the box hasn't been activated properly (although I've received two text messages telling me that the equipment has been activated) and I'm therefore not able to manage it. 

Does anyone have any ideas of how to approach this and how to fix it? Based on previous posts, calling VM seems pointless as customer service don't seem to know what a Stream Box is. Is anyone on this forum able to help?

17 REPLIES 17

Hi .@BlueLou thanks for your help.  The fault has now been rectified and I can now add new services.

BFL
Tuning in

This has been fixed now. Thanks to @Alex_RM and @BlueLou for sorting it out. I'm not sure what the problem was but it looked like the box hadn't been activated correctly. After a few messages back and forth, @Alex_RM sent a 'hit' to the box and that seems to have kickstarted it and it's now working fine and I can add/remove subscriptions. 

BlueLou
Virgin Media Staff
Virgin Media Staff

Thanks @gconn & @BFL sorry it took so long

Hi @BFL

Thanks for coming back to the thread and sharing those comments 🙂 I have passed them to Alex now :). 

Delighted all fixed, do pop back if you need further assistance.

Best wishes,

John_GS
Forum Team

Need a helpful hand to show you how to make a payment? Check out our guide - How to pay my Virgin Media bill

marsmontblanc
Joining in

Hi I’ve got exactly the same problem. Stream box delivered today and all works fine apart from I can’t add any subscriptions for paid for channels (eg TNT Sports). Please could a Virgin staff member do whatever needs doing to fix the problem? Thanks, Stefan

Reece_MH
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi marsmontblanc 👋

Thanks for posting, and welcome to the Community Forums.

I'm sorry to hear you're experiencing a similar issue. I've checked things on our side, and have sourced the issue. I'm going to send you a private message, to assist further.

Please look out for it in the top-right, white envelope or by tapping your profile picture, then "Messages".

Thanks,

Reece - Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our FAQ

Mjennings1983
Tuning in

I am encountering the same issue, have spoken with Virgin via WhatsApp multiple times and keep getting told a ticket is with IT and will be resolved within 3-5 days. I’ve yet to receive any comms and certainly nowhere near a resolution! 

As a new customer this is very frustrating and not a good start to using the service. I was able to add subscriptions initially but now get the same error code most people have reported in the forum. Looking in the app it no longer has TV marked as green as well! 

is anyone here able to assist?

Zoie_P
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi @Mjennings1983.

Thank you for your post and I am so sorry to hear you are having issues with your stream box, I can take a look into your IT ticket to see where it is up to. I will need some details so I will pop you over a PM, just keep an eye out for the little envelope 👀📩

Thanks,
Zoie