cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unable to manage my Stream Box

BFL
Tuning in

I took delivery of a new Virgin Media Stream Box last week. The setup was relatively quick and straight-forward. My first impression is that I'm very happy with the box and I like that it offers more HD channels than Freesat and Freeview and it seems quite responsive and robust. However, I'm unable to manage my Stream Box subscriptions so I can't add/remove any subscriptions to the box (Netflix/Disney+/Entertainment etc). When I try doing it through the box, I just get an error message telling me there's a technical problem at the moment and it shows me a QR code that takes me to virginmedia.com/manage-stream. When I use this link and log in to my account, I can see that Stream is on my account but when I click on Manage, I get an error message again and I'm unable to add or remove anything. This has been going on for five days now. I've checked online and found quite a few posts on this forum about this so I'm not the only one having this problem. However, I haven't been able to find any solutions to this. What seems obvious is that it's not a hardware problem so a new box or a tech visit probably won't make a difference. My best guess is that the box hasn't been activated properly (although I've received two text messages telling me that the equipment has been activated) and I'm therefore not able to manage it. 

Does anyone have any ideas of how to approach this and how to fix it? Based on previous posts, calling VM seems pointless as customer service don't seem to know what a Stream Box is. Is anyone on this forum able to help?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Hi BFL,

I've had a look at look at things from our side and I'll need a few more details from you, I've popped you over a private message for this (purple envelope, top right hand corner)

Alex_Rm

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

17 REPLIES 17

BFL
Tuning in

If it helps, below are the error messages that I receive when trying to manage my subscriptions. 

This is online:

BFL_0-1667994679935.png

And this is the error message when I'm trying to do it using the app on the box:

BFL_1-1667994740484.png

gconn
Dialled in

Hi, this is the exact issue which I have, with the same error messages. I have had this fault for over a month. Virgin Media have been unable to fix. No progress has been made despite many phone calls - to both customer services and technical support - and an engineer visit. I hope you are more successful in getting this resolved.

Thanks .@gconn. I've seen a few posts about other users having this issue but no solution. It seems like a simple matter of the account not being correctly activated and not communicating correctly with the box.  

I've spotted this thread dating back to May, https://community.virginmedia.com/t5/Stream/Can-t-add-or-see-TV-Packs/td-p/5006150, where it looks like .@BlueLou managed to solve it. Perhaps you can pick this up and do your magic for me (and .@gconn) as well?

Hi @BFL

Thanks for posting and welcome to the community.

Sorry to hear of the issues with the Stream Box. I've tried to run some diagnostics on the box today but it's showing as turned off. Can you turn the box on for me and let me know when done so we can run some checks?

Best,

John_GS
Forum Team

Need a helpful hand to show you how to make a payment? Check out our guide - How to pay my Virgin Media bill

@John_GS wrote:

Hi @BFL

Sorry to hear of the issues with the Stream Box. I've tried to run some diagnostics on the box today but it's showing as turned off. Can you turn the box on for me and let me know when done so we can run some checks?

Best,

Hi John,

Thanks for replying to my post. I've turned on the box so you can run your diagnostics now. Have you been able to identify my box based on my community profile or do you need my VM account number?

Thanks for your help with this. 

Hi @BFL @John_GS any luck getting this issue resolved?

@John_GS wrote:

Hi @BFL

Best,

Hi @John_GS,

Have you had time to do the diagnostics on the box yet? The box is constantly switched on now so it would be good if you could do your testing and let me know. 

Hi BFL,

I've had a look at look at things from our side and I'll need a few more details from you, I've popped you over a private message for this (purple envelope, top right hand corner)

Alex_Rm

BlueLou
Virgin Media Staff
Virgin Media Staff

@BFL wrote:

it looks like .@BlueLou managed to solve it. Perhaps you can pick this up and do your magic for me (and .@gconn) as well?

Sorry for the delay, the guys are looking at both your accounts now.