cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

WiFi pod

barnsleysteve71
Joining in

Moved to virgin broadband about six weeks ago after being with bt, in our third bedroom the WiFi is nowhere near 30gbps, I've done three tests on the connect app. There is no option to order a pod on the app so I called virgin,on Tuesday got through to an Indian call centre and was told they couldn't order one for me on their systems and they would monitor my broadband for 24 hours and call me back the next day, needless to say they never did.

I have phoned twice today and both said they couldn't order one the second operator has now opened a complaint about my WiFi speed, this will now be monitored for thirty days. I have explained to all three that it's only the signal which needs boosting to the bedroom,we had the same problem with bt, they sent us one of their WiFi discs and everything was fine then.

Is there anything else I can try to get a pod???

Screenshot_20230901-182731.png

Screenshot_20230901-182805.png

Screenshot_20230901-182731.png

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Client62
Legend

Best advice possible is invest in your own Wi-Fi kit to extend coverage across the home.

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

21 REPLIES 21

Client62
Legend

Best advice possible is invest in your own Wi-Fi kit to extend coverage across the home.

Client62
Legend

"and call me back the next day" means .... 

Cause the customer to hang up the phone so the CS operator can record call closed, customer hung up.

John_GS
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi @barnsleysteve71 

Thanks for posting and welcome to the community. I am sorry to hear of any WiFi speed issues.

I'll send you a PM now to assist further.

Best wishes.

John_GS
Forum Team

Need a helpful hand to show you how to make a payment? Check out our guide - How to pay my Virgin Media bill

Hi John

we have the exact same issue - we are entitled to 3 free pods via our package, only have 24Mps speed in my office, I can’t work currently. Have been on hold with virgin and speaking to chat bots for two weeks now - please help. Got through to the sales team who said they were transferring us to the ‘pods department’ an hour ago

Same problem here, took weeks to get the first booster, now we need another one and I haven’t got 3 hours spare to sit on phone. Surely if my speed test comes up as poor I should be given option to order booster on app. It shouldn’t be this hard

Hey @doran3434,

Sorry to hear you have been having this issue with your Hub and getting another pod. Can you confirm for me what the connect app says when you are running these speed tests?

Joe

Hi, I got it sorted with another member of the forum team. Got the pod and everything is fine.

Thanks 

I got sorted with a second pod after spending 4 hours on online chat. I know I’ll need a 3rd so guess I’ll have to go through it all again. The speed check fails in the kitchen due to no Wi-Fi at all

Hi Doran3434,

Thank you for reaching back out, glad to hear you were able to order your 2nd pod, once this is showing as activate and you still have black spots, please reach back out and we will be more than happy to assist you in ordering a 3rd pod.

Regards

Paul.