cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Upgrade area ?

Treble1
Fibre optic

Noticed on the bid dashboard there’s loads of work in my area states fibre up which I presume is an upgrade but was wondering what type is it ? 

8 REPLIES 8

Steven_L
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hey Treble1,

Welcome back to the community and thanks for taking the time to post. I'm sorry but we wouldn't have that information off hand but I can try to find out more for you, I cannot promise that the team will be able to provide any information but I will try my best to get some info.

Kind Regards,

Steven_L

Treble1
Fibre optic

That  would be great I can see new grey cabinets being installed and vans everywhere at the mo 

Hey @Treble1,

No worries, for us to go about doing this we will just need to confirm some information from you via private message to see if we can get further information on this for you.

Joe

Yep that's the full fibre XGSPON overbuild, Project Mustang. When they're done and it's live you'll be able to get symmetrical services, same speed upload as download, up to 2 Gbit.

Thought something must be going on as there’s a sea of red locally on the dashboard my vm contract is up in may and was dead set on moving to an altnet but 2gb is tempting 

josh94
Superfast

What area is this (broadly)?

Wigan and Leigh mate more so Leigh 

Joseph_B
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hey @Treble1,

Thanks for joining me in that private message so that we can go about looking into this further, if you require anything else from us please do reach out so that we can look into this.

Joe