cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Paying more for slower broadband speeds

Lawikekurd2010
On our wavelength

I currently am paying £67.25 for M350 Fibre Broadband. It used to be £60 and I don't know why virginmedia hiked the price. I've found out that I can get 1gbps from virginmedia for £62, but when I try to upgrade by signing in to virginmedia it says I have to pay an extra £13.30 on top of the £67.25 as a monthly fee to get the 1gbps broadband.

Also, my router has been acting up for days where I'm losing connection randomly during the day.

Would be happy if somebody can reach out and help address these to concerns of mine.

11 REPLIES 11

jbrennand
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Has your package moved to the 30-day rolling contract that happens automatically when your 12/18/24 month initial contract expires?

If so you are in a good place to get a new deal - report back here for pointers.

Re the Hub playing up - are the issues only evident on wifi connections or do you see them at the same times on devices connected on ethernet cables? If you don't know, can you check to help diagnose whether it is just a wifi issue or it could be network connection/Hub related?

--------------------
John
--------------------

I do not work for VM. My services: HD TV on VIP (+ Sky Sports & Movies & BT sport), x3 V6 boxes (1 wired, 2 on WiFi) Hub5 in modem mode with Apple Airport Extreme Router +2 Airport Express's & TP-Link Archer C64 WAP. On Volt 350Mbps, Talk Anytime Phone, x2 Mobile SIM only iPhones.

Thank you for responding!

The issue is there using WiFi and ethernet.

hortonj88
Fibre optic

£67.25 for 350?

Holy that's expensive.

Left Virgin Media in 2020 after being fobbed off one too many times about over utilisation.

Now: BT FTTP 900/110 connected an ASUS RT-AC86U router.

https://www.speedtest.net/result/12098955842.png

Hi hortonj88,

Do you know whether BT or other ISPs have newer WiFi technology such as WiFi 6? If they do, do you think that is a better option?

Thanks, by the way for reaching out!

Client62
Legend

One can easily add Wi-Fi 6 access points to any ISP's Hub / Router.

How can somebody go about doing that?

Adduxi
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Just buy wifi 6 access points and connect them up.  It's easy to do and you don't need to be very technical to do this.

I have 3 access points as my router is a non wifi unit, as that's my preference.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Hi Lawikekurd2010,

Thank you for your post. I am sorry to hear about the issue you're having with your broadband service. 

Is the speed issues affecting both a Wired & Wireless connection?

Can you confirm the hub you currently have?

^Martin

Hi Martin,

Yes, both wired and wireless is affected. My connection drops out several times a day.

I have a Hub 3 that was provided by Virginmedia several years ago.