cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Broadband is frequently unusable

W4
Tuning in

Our broadband connection from VM has deteriorated to the extent that we have frequent drop outs, when using voip or streaming (e.g watching iplayer) is not possible as the connection breaks up. We had hoped that this problem would clear up, but we have been having problems also every day for over a month now.

Checking on VM's own service checker report no issues and suggests instead to try and reboot which we have tried several times, but this does not solve the problem.

We get this problem on direct wired connections into the Hub, so it does not see to be a network or wifi issue in the house.

As an example we saw problems yesterday (Saturday) at 1pm, 5pm and 10pm and I've included a copy of the quality monitor from the day below.

Anyone have any ideas on what we can do fix this issue?

25Mar2023.png

4 REPLIES 4

Adduxi
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Try checking with Area faults on 0800 561 0061 or if you have a VM landline 150 as small local faults are not listed on the VM status page.

Post the power levels, Pre and PostRS errors and network log from the Hub.

Once done we can comment.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

John_GS
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi @W4 

Thanks for posting and welcome back to the community.

I am sorry for the broadband issues. You are affected by an SNR issue (signal to noise ratio). 

The fault reference is F010463072 and the estimated fix date is later today.

Please report back if still experiencing issues and we'll assist further. 

Best,

John_GS
Forum Team

Need a helpful hand to show you how to make a payment? Check out our guide - How to pay my Virgin Media bill

@John_GS

Thanks for the update and I have been checking on the internet.

I did have some problem on Saturday afternoon (1 April 2023) between 3:30pm and 7pm, but other than this we did get a few days of what appeared to be stable connections. Today (Tuesday 4 April 2023) is just diabolical, but I think these are widespread problems rather than just on the local connection feed to me.

2023-04-04 at 16-52-40.png

I'll wait for the Virgin Media internet service to start working again, check on the connections for a few days and then report back.

Hi W4 👋 thank you for keeping the thread updated! 

Having had a quick look for you today it seems things have settled down since Tuesday, and everything looks good at the exchange too - but let us know how you are getting on at your end if you do need further support. 

All the best! 🌞

Molly