cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Remove unused VM box

TracyM80
Joining in

I have moved to a new house, previous owners had virgin media and the old brown box is still outside. Unfortunately the cover is damaged and I’d like the whole thing removed. Do VM do this? I myself am not a VM customer. 

5 REPLIES 5

japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Unless there is a demonstrable H&S issue - photos would help ascertain this - VM are unlikely to assist with this.

1: There's no revenue in it for them, so there's no incentive to expend cash.

2: Anything that creates a hindrance to potential future installs, isn't viewed favourably.

Post up some photos, that may assist in identifying any H&S hazard.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

goslow
Alessandro Volta

Wait for an official VM reply to your query. While waiting, read this recent topic.

https://community.virginmedia.com/t5/QuickStart-set-up-and/Removal-of-virgin-box/td-p/5419216

Beth_G
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi TracyM80,

Thank you for your post. 

I'll be happy to check with the Field Team, however as removing the omni box would cause issues with any potential future customers joining us at the property, we may be unable to remove it.

I've sent you a private message so I can take the details from you.

Thanks!

Beth

-tony-
Alessandro Volta

@Beth_G wrote:

Hi TracyM80,

Thank you for your post. 

I'll be happy to check with the Field Team, however as removing the omni box would cause issues with any potential future customers joining us at the property, we may be unable to remove it.

I've sent you a private message so I can take the details from you.

Thanks!

stock answer from VM - read it as we cannot be bothered especially as we are not getting money from you

useful answer - screwdriver and wire cutters and put it all in the bin - perfectly safe to cut wire

Tony.
Sacked VIP

jpeg1
Alessandro Volta

You won't hear anything more from Virgin, so it will stay there until you remove it.

- jpeg1
My name is NOT Alessandro. That's just a tag Virginmedia sticks on some contributors. Please ignore it.