cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Moving home

Jeffr71
Joining in

HI,

im moving home soon, the new home had VM in the past but is now serviced via Sky. i would like to move VM account across but unsure whether current install is good enough. How do i book a service engineer to survey home to find out? TIA

13 REPLIES 13

Adduxi
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

You just order the kit and ask for a manned install. You have 14 days to change your mind if you find it’s not what you wanted.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

as a current customer they are telling me just to box everything up and plug it in, i dont have the option to cancel?

jb66
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

You don't book a tech to find out if install is good, you try to install and if no good they send a tech.

Hi there @Jeffr71 

Thank you so much for your post and welcome to the community forums, it's great to have you here. 

I am so sorry for any confusion regarding your set up at your new place. If the property has previously been serviced by us then you should be able to complete a QuickStart set up without the engineer. 

I know you have not yet moved in but if you are able to show a picture of the cabling at the property then we can confirm whether this can be completed?

Outside cablingOutside cablingVM box externalVM box externalVM box internalVM box internal

Hey @Jeffr71,

Looking at the images you have provided us it looks fine for a quickstart installation. The coax cable you have currently connected into your Hub should connect into that box on the left of the 2nd picture. This would then carry the signal into your house.

Joe

Jeffr71
Joining in

thanks Joe, so there is no way of knowing what speed of connection i would achieve until equipment is installed?

Hey @Jeffr71,

When placing the order to move with our staff, they will be able to tell you exactly what speeds that property can handle up to, you should just be able to transfer your package as it is over with no problems.

Joe

Jeffr71
Joining in

HI All that helped previously.

i have had an AV company come in to install some equipment and when they opened brown box they noted that cable end had been damaged. i know have to report as a fault to have an engineer visit but i cannot do this as i dont have an account at this address. i am happy to pay for engineer visit but its impossbile to do this on the website. all help appreciated.