cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

TV set up Question

Sara_B
Joining in

I've just had my delivery and hub is on, wifi working and tv box plugged in. BUT..... the TV and TV box are opposite end of room to the hub & wall connection. I cannot get live TV and and i am starting to think it is because the TV box is not attached to the hub? Is this correct? If so this is no good for me as the tv box and the VM box on wall & hub are at least 2m apart from each other so no way i can plug the tv into either the hub or the VM box. Please can someone help as i think i am paying for someone i cant access and may need to cancel under the cooling off period (which looks like from posts on here i am going to have to do by post!) Thanks  

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

nodrogd
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

The TV boxes are broadcast receivers, so just as satellite boxes need to be plugged by a coaxial cable into a dish, Virgin’s boxes need to be plugged into their incoming white coaxial cable. You will need a manned install to put in additional wiring or to install another wall outlet.

VM 350BB 2xV6 & Landline. Freeview/Freesat HD, ASDA/Tesco PAYG Mobile. Cable customer since 1993

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

6 REPLIES 6

nodrogd
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

The TV boxes are broadcast receivers, so just as satellite boxes need to be plugged by a coaxial cable into a dish, Virgin’s boxes need to be plugged into their incoming white coaxial cable. You will need a manned install to put in additional wiring or to install another wall outlet.

VM 350BB 2xV6 & Landline. Freeview/Freesat HD, ASDA/Tesco PAYG Mobile. Cable customer since 1993

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Sara_B
Joining in

Thanks, appreciate you posting - i thought as much but Virgin said it wasnt needed! Trying to get hold of anyone at Virgin to discuss engineer cost or book anything seems impossible so it might just be better off cancelling and going down the BT route

Adduxi
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

As this is a new install (?) I would press for the engineer visit to be free.  Normally it's £25.  Be aware you will have to have a co-ax cable run around the room somewhere.

Call the pre-installs team on 0800 052 1734 8AM- 9PM Monday - Friday or 8AM-6PM Saturday and Sunday, and explain your predicament. It maybe should have been a manned install in the first instance.

Hi there @Sara_B 

Thank you so much for your post and welcome to the community forums, it's great to have you here. 

I am so sorry that you have faced this issue with your recent install and a big thank you to our community team for their help so far. 

Can I ask how things are looking since your last post? 

Hi Ashleigh, After quite some time on the chat and then again on WhatsApp I have been told I am being sent a longer cable to go from hub to 360 box.

i refused the engineer cost as quite frankly I took a day off work already for the wrong type of install. So we will see how this next bit goes (ir if o can install and get it working) before I decide whether to cancel or not in my cooling off period. 

Thank you for letting us know this.

Our techs are free unless the T&C's wore broken in your case they wouldn't be it would be free. 

Please do keep us updated on how you get on. Cheers

Matt - Forum Team

New around here?