cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cable cut by Thames Water

shaleman
Tuning in

How do we get the Cable repaired by Virgin Media?

Thames Water were called out to deal with a water supply leak. Their Contractors have cut through the Cable and will not continue with trying to deal with the leak until the cable is repaired or made safe by Virgin Media.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

@goslow wrote:

Phone it in to VM as a fault (total loss of service). Wouldn't necessarily go into all the details of the cable being damaged

Absolutely this. 0345 4541111 is a landline-rate call from any working phone, treat this as a means to an end. The agent you speak to doesn't need to know the cause of the issue - just that you're off-service and there's no recognised area fault.

Save the "I know what's caused it" for when the tech arrives. Appreciate you're now doing this fault report via PM, but for reference and indeed other users reading this.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

5 REPLIES 5

goslow
Alessandro Volta

Phone it in to VM as a fault (total loss of service). Wouldn't necessarily go into all the details of the cable being damaged during the call as (for some reason which I haven't ever worked out) this often seems to bump the tech visit booking several weeks into the future as reported in the topics on here.

You are unlikely to get a reply from a VM forum team member here in 'Community Natter' and any reply on another forum might be several days in coming.

John_GS
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi @shaleman 

Thanks for posting and welcome back to the community.

Sorry to hear of the cabling issue.

I'll send you a PM now to book in a tech,

John_GS
Forum Team

Need a helpful hand to show you how to make a payment? Check out our guide - How to pay my Virgin Media bill

jpeg1
Alessandro Volta

Thames Water will no doubt have a strict rule not to go near any damaged cable. It won't make any difference that this one is harmless. 

- jpeg1
My name is NOT Alessandro. That's just a tag Virginmedia sticks on some contributors. Please ignore it.

shaleman
Tuning in

Thanks for the helpful replies.

I am trying to resolve this issue with John_GS of the Forum Team.

japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

@goslow wrote:

Phone it in to VM as a fault (total loss of service). Wouldn't necessarily go into all the details of the cable being damaged

Absolutely this. 0345 4541111 is a landline-rate call from any working phone, treat this as a means to an end. The agent you speak to doesn't need to know the cause of the issue - just that you're off-service and there's no recognised area fault.

Save the "I know what's caused it" for when the tech arrives. Appreciate you're now doing this fault report via PM, but for reference and indeed other users reading this.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks