cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Blocked Driveway!

Ashlea1
Just joined

Last Wednesday roadworks were carried out on my road and pavements were also dug up to install Virgin fibre in the area. 

Some work was done on the day, but since then, nobody has been back and there are holes and barriers including across my driveway, meaning I can’t get on or off. 

A week later and still no sign of anyone coming back. I’m getting seriously fed up with this. I wouldn’t mind if they were working there. Half a job and they’ve vanished. 

What is happening?! I live in Ashlea Close in Fair Oak in Hampshire and I’d be grateful for some sort of update please. 

IMG_4343.jpeg

6 REPLIES 6

japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

The "chatter & natter" section you've posted in isn't staff-monitored, and in any case works such as this are often carried out by third party contractors.

Are there any contact numbers on the cones or barriers? Or can you identify a specific contractor using the map at https://one.network/ ?

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

goslow
Alessandro Volta

Is there an information board set out somewhere amongst the many barriers? Often it will show who the contractor is along with contact info and a council permit number for the street work. The permit number should also be shown on the web link from @japitts above if the site does show the roadworks in question.

Contact your local highways authority (might be your local council or county council) and complain to them. They issue the permits which should have a time limit for the work.

Cardiffman282
Super solver

This seems to be the job https://one.network/?GB138231663

I'm not a Very Insightful Person (just a little bit, sometimes). I don't work for Virgin Media (but then nor do any of the offshore customer service agents).

Jonny-M
Fibre optic

Move the barriers out of your way and drive over their trench

Beth_G
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi Ashlea1

Thank you for your post, welcome to the forums.

I'm terribly sorry about this. Are the barriers still there? 

If you could please forward the details to us at twitter@virginmedia.co.uk with the subject field as 'Project Lightning', we'll pass your complaint onto the Network Expansion Team.

Thank you

Beth

Blimey. Is this a VM email address I see before me? 

I'm not a Very Insightful Person (just a little bit, sometimes). I don't work for Virgin Media (but then nor do any of the offshore customer service agents).