cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Incoming emails are blocked by VM

Pegasus2711
On our wavelength

Emails are being forwarded to my @virginmedia.com acct from a webmail acct but are not appearing anywhere in my VM emails (inbox, spam, bin). VM Websafe has been turned off

Sender has checked all their servers and there's nothing to show at their end that is blocking them going out. Likely cause is some sort of random block by VM - this needs to be resolved as it's a business acct. How can this be resolved asap?

12 REPLIES 12

Graham_A
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

@Pegasus2711 Is the sender getting a non delivery email which usually explains the reason for the non delivery?  Have you checked the webmail account for the original email address to see if the emails are being blocked by the forwarding domain.

A final point that is unlikely to be causing the issue is that VM do not support a business email system.  Until May 2022 VM operated a residential email system.

This has been closed to new users since that date.  Existing VM email addresses continue to be supported as long as they are linked to a current VM broadband account.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media, I'm a VM customer. There are no guarantees that my advice will work. Please read the FAQs
Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

I'm the webmaster of a club website. Members need to complete a form that goes (or should) go to 2 committee members. The email with attached form appears in webmail but fails to be forwarded to selected individual's accts. It has been tested at the host side and there's nothing they can find to block the emails going out.

I've configured Mail to link directly to an acct and that receives the emails - so they're coming out. Just not to my virgin inbox (they used to on another site I managed with the same hosting service).

I've just added my icloud email acct as a forwarding address.  when tested it appeared within seconds - but not in my VM email. Hmmm

Graham_A
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

@Pegasus2711 I believe that VM have ramped up their anti spam rules in the last year so this may be the cause.

The VM Forum Team are best placed to look at this issue for you.  They should respond to this thread tomorrow.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media, I'm a VM customer. There are no guarantees that my advice will work. Please read the FAQs
Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Hi there @Pegasus2711 

Thank you so much for your post and welcome back to the forums it's great to have you here. 

We are so sorry to hear that you are facing an issue with your email. Can I just clarify, are emails you unable to forward emails from your account, or are you just not receiving emails to your Virgin mail account from one specific account?

CurlyKylie
Dialled in

If they are not being bounced back then it could be another case of https://community.virginmedia.com/t5/Email/Incoming-emails-not-arriving-since-this-morning/td-p/5519... where Virgin seem to have an unacknowledged email problem for the past 24 hours.

Pegasus2711
On our wavelength

It's incoming mail that's being blocked from a particular source. No problem sending out

This isn't solved - I accidently hit the like button as when I hit the Reply button nothing happened so as I just hit it again it turned into a Like button - bl**dy thing

用心棒
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

@Pegasus2711 wrote:

This isn't solved - I accidently hit the like button as when I hit the Reply button nothing happened so as I just hit it again it turned into a Like button - bl**dy thing

In the post marked as helpful select ⓥ and then Not a Helpful Answer, as highlighted below.
vm-not-a-helpful-answer.jpeg

Well, I saw it was set at "not resolved" but it would appear they're ignoring it now. Might have to raise it again in order to (hopefully) resolve it