cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

speed decrease to 300Mbps

qbencjusz
On our wavelength

I have 1000Mbps for £62 but the speed test on virgin website showing only 250-300 Mbps. I only connected one device via ethernet cable to do the speed test. How to contact to customer service to fix this?

6 REPLIES 6

Adduxi
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

What speed test site are you using? 

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

carl_pearce
Community elder

What does this site show?

https://samknows.com/realspeed/

Steven_L
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hey qbencjusz,

Welcome back to the community and thanks for taking the time to post. I’m sorry to hear of the issues that you’re having with your connection speeds at the moment, there should definitely not have dropped so much, especially over an ethernet connection. I have investigated this on our system and can see that you have booked a technician visit to resolve the issues. Please do let us know how the visit goes and I hope that they will be able to get all the issues resolved.

Kind Regards,

Steven_L

Thank you for your reply. Steven. 

I had two engineer visits. The first technician replaced Hub 4 with Hub 5 and installed boxes both outside and inside the house. The second technician replaced the cables both inside and outside the house. 

The speed has been back to 950 Mbps on speed test ookla but the speed test via samknows is about 500 Mbps.

Client62
Legend

The Configuration tab of the VM Hub displays the Downstream and Upstream speeds.

Reading this info avoids any doubt as to the current configuration.

We can see you have had a visit qbencjusz, it looks like some changes were made, have these helped resolve the issue?

Rob