cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unable to order WiFi pods

radders7
Joining in

I feel like I am going around in circles to get Wi-Fi pods. The app won't give me the option to order one, despite the scans showing low speeds in multiple zones and totally unable to connect to wi-fi in some rooms.

It's impossible to get through to anyone on the phone. I am desperately searching for someone for Virgin Media to assist me with this as I've only been a customer for a fortnight and everything seems such a struggle to complete.

I've tried the Customer Service numbers from this forum but end up going around in loops.  

17 REPLIES 17

Ilyas_Y
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi @radders7, thanks for reaching out to us on the Virgin Media Community Forums. 👋🏼

I'm sorry to hear about the issues you are having when trying to order out the Wi-Fi pods. 😞
I will assist you on this and send a private message.

Kind regards,
Ilyas.

Ilyas_Y
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs

13geckotoes
Tuning in

Me too. On installation of my new hub a few weeks ago, the engineer told me I could order pods through the app once I'd surveyed the rooms, and I couldn't. The online help and chatbot don't give any info about how to actually order, and send you round and round in circles. I assume this is a deliberate choice on VM's part, as they're not inexpensive bits of kit, but I don't have time to sit on hold for another hour to the call centre!

Hi 13geckotoes,

A warm welcome and thanks for posting on our community forums. We're sorry to hear that you're having trouble ordering our WIFI pods through our Connect App.

I would be happy to help get one ordered for you; I'll pop you over a private message to take some details. Click on the envelope at the top of the page to accept the chat.

Kind regards Jodi. 

Princehabeeb7
Joining in

I have been using virgin media for a year. Moved home and still using virgin media. The wifi is limited to the living room. I cant connect in other rooms. I switched my contract to pay more just to get the pods but I am being dribbled from one app to the other just to order the pod. My reason for switching contract was to improve the connectivity but the run around to get the pod is alarming. Also, you are told to scan the rooms in the house but rooms without internet cannot be scanned

Thanks for the private message 13geckotoes,

Your pod has now been ordered and will arrive when stated in the private message. Pease keep us posted with how you get on.

Kind regards Jodi. 

Him Princehabeeb7,

Thank you for reaching out to us in our community and welcome, sorry to hear you are facing black spots in your property and have been unable to order our WiFi Pod, I will be happy o help, I will send you an invite into a private chat, please look out for the white envelope to accept.

Regards

Paul.

Zach_R
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi @radders7,

Thank you for getting back to us via private message. I'm glad that we were able to address and resolve the concerns that you had.

Please do let us know if there's anything more that we can help you with.

Thanks,

Zach - Forum Team
New around here? To find out more about the Community Forums, take a look at our FAQs!

sevmccaig
Joining in

I’ve had virgin WiFi installed since August and my wife cannot connect to the internet in her office due to the poor signal. I’m finding very difficult to order WiFi pods on the connect app. Can anyone assist? 

Thanks 

Hi Sevmccaig 👋 welcome to the community! Thank you for joining this thread, and for posting!

Sorry to hear you are experiencing some difficulties with Wi-Fi coverage in your home, and subsequently ordering a Wi-Fi POD to help support with these. Thanks for confirming you have tried to order one via the connect app 👉 https://virg.in/connectapp but have been unable to. We will need to send you a PM to confirm a few bits of account information so we can help in getting one of these ordered for you manually instead. You can also find more information about the Wi-Fi PODs if needed here 👉Intelligent WiFi | Virgin Media

You can find the PM in the top right corner of the page in your Inbox. 📩 We can then return to this public thread with another update when possible. Thank you for your patience in the meantime!

Wishing you all the best. 🌞

Molly