cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Solid Red light on router.

Dougiek74
Tuning in

For the last week or so the white light on the front of the router  has changed from white to Pink and now to a solid red. I have followed actions on previous posts I. E. Switched off and unplugged for 30 minutes, also pinhole reset for 30 seconds and still the red light shows. The router is well ventilated so no issues there. Going by previous posts looks like router is overheating although it cool to touch. Looks like a new router is needed can one be sent out please? Or does it need a technician in to visit and replace?

Thanks Dougie 

4 REPLIES 4

Adduxi
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

The Hub should be replaced as it is a potential risk. A VM Mod will pick this up in due course. 

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Carley_S
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi @Dougiek74 

Welcome to the community forums 

Sorry to hear of your red light concerns, this usually is just an LED error on the hub itself and poses no threat, but best to get this looked at with a technician appointment to be sure. 

Please join me on private message so I can locate your account and pass account security. You can see your private messages at the top of the page, in the envelope icon or if you're using a smaller device, you can see your private messages by clicking on the Virgin Media logo at the top right and select 'Messages' from the drop down

Here to help 🙂
Virgin Media Forums Agent
Carley

David_Bn
Forum Team
Forum Team

Thanks for coming back to me over private message @Dougiek74,

If you need to change or cancel the appointment I've setup for you, you can do this online or via the MyVM app by 4pm the day before the appointment.

Furthermore, I'd need to advise that;

There will be no charge for this visit unless:

• The technician diagnoses the faults as not being caused by our network/equipment
  • The technician discovers that the fault or problem relates to your equipment
  • The technician discovers that the fault or problem relates to any system that we are not responsible for

The technician will confirm during their visit if any of these instances apply, and if so, a £25 charge will be applied to your account.

If you do miss an agreed appointment for any reason, a £25 missed appointment charge will be applied to your account on the day of the appointment.

Please ensure there is someone over the age of 18 present at the time of the visit.

We will continue to monitor your services and if we can see that the fault has cleared and the visit is no longer required we will cancel the appointment and let you know by text and email.

Kindest regards,

David_Bn

Router replaced and all working as expected. Technician was great.