cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Red light hub 3

Rigsy1
Joining in

Have tried resetting the hub multiple times. I have left the hub off for a period to see if it would cool. The red light remains. Have called virgin only to be told there are no issues with the hub even though I'm getting very intermittent connections has been going on for a few weeks now 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Zoie_P
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Thank you for messaging me @Rigsy1,

Please keep us posted with how you get on and if you wish to change/cancel your appointment you can do this here, under >Orders and Appointments.

Thanks,

Zoie

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

40 REPLIES 40

Zoie_P
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi @Rigsy1,

Thank you for your post and welcome to our forums 👋

I am sorry to see you are having issues with your hub and a red light, thank you for confirming the reset. 

I will need to get a tech sent out to you to look into this for you.

I will pop you over a PM, keep an eye out for the purple envelope.

Zoie

Hi Zoie,

I’m getting a similar problem with my hub 3, if you could help in any way, please?

thanks

https://community.virginmedia.com/t5/Networking-and-WiFi/Constant-red-light-and-WiFi-dropping-out/m-...

Hi @ems_gard 👋 Thank you for your post and welcome to the Virgin Media Community 😀

We're sorry to hear about the problem you're experiencing 😔

Before we go any further, can you please follow the below steps in the following order: 

• Turn the power switch off on the back of the Hub
• Ensure the Hub is upright, in a well-ventilated location, and, if at all possible, out of direct sunlight
• Then use the power switch to turn the unit back on. The Hub should now operate normally.

Regards,

Daniel

If it's a red light in Router mode as opposed to modem mode - VM need to swap out the hub asap as it is either overheating or thinks it is due to a faulty sensor!

If it were me, I'd call 150 (or 0345 454 1111) and tell them it is hot - they'll book a tech visit sharpish!

It is sad that offshore CS will only budge on this if you tell them it is hot - but unfortunately until proper training filters down - this is all we've got!

------------------------------------------------------------------
Hub 3 - Modem Mode - TP-Link Archer C7

Hi,

I have rebooted the hub numerous times and it has made no difference. It’s upright, well ventilated and out of direct sun. I’ve checked all cables are connected securely. Basically I’ve done everything in the troubleshooting guide on the VM website and the red light remains

Adduxi
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Try a pinhole reset in the first instance, and if it remains red after this, it needs replaced, as a faulty overheat warning is a potential risk. 

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Can you please help me? I’ve done everything you’ve mentioned and it still hasn’t fixed the red light problem 

Yup - New hub needed - VM Staff will pick this up and arrange for you! - Just need to wait for them to pick this up!

------------------------------------------------------------------
Hub 3 - Modem Mode - TP-Link Archer C7

Zoie_P
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Thank you for messaging me @Rigsy1,

Please keep us posted with how you get on and if you wish to change/cancel your appointment you can do this here, under >Orders and Appointments.

Thanks,

Zoie