cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Red light hub 3

Rigsy1
Joining in

Have tried resetting the hub multiple times. I have left the hub off for a period to see if it would cool. The red light remains. Have called virgin only to be told there are no issues with the hub even though I'm getting very intermittent connections has been going on for a few weeks now 

40 REPLIES 40

Thanks for the update 😊 Glad to see the engineer has replaced this for you.

Please let us know if you need anything further, we're always happy to help.

Regards

Nathan

The do's and don'ts. Keep the community welcoming for all. Follow the house rules

I have the exact same problem.  Tried reset and turned off for a long while and red light still on. 

Hi there @rachbez 

Thank you so much for your post and welcome to the community forums, it's great to have you back. 

I am so sorry to hear that you have faced this issue with your Hub, I'd be more than happy to arrange for an engineer to come take a look. 

I will pop you a PM across now, please keep an eye out for the envelope at the top of your screen alerting you to a new message.

Hello again @rachbez 

Thanks so much for your private message and confirming your address, I have now booked you a visit for red light – you can check the date and time via your online account here. If you have any issues with accessing your online account or unable to see your visit, please do let us know and we’ll pop you a message to confirm.

There will be no charge for this visit unless:
• The technician diagnoses the faults as not being caused by our network/equipment 
• The technician discovers that the fault or problem relates to your equipment
• The technician discovers that the fault or problem relates to any system that we are not responsible for
The technician will confirm during their visit if any of these instances apply, and if so, a £25 charge will be applied to your account. 
Please ensure there is someone over the age of 18 present at the time of the visit. If you need to change or cancel your appointment you can do this online or via the My VM app by 4pm the day before the appointment.
If you do miss an agreed appointment for any reason, a £25 missed appointment charge will be applied to your account on the day of the appointment

nick25
Joining in

Hi,

I have the same problem with a solid red light on Hub 3. I have followed all of the Help actions and tests, power off/on, reset etc and also turned off overnight multiple times but still always getting the red light. The Hub is warm to touch, but not sure how warm is a problem. From the previous posts it sounds like a Hub fault? Please advise.

Hi nick25,

Thanks for your post, welcome to the Community Forums! Sorry to hear you're having some issues with your Hub.

I know you mentioned you've performed all the tests and things your end, but just to clarify, can you please confirm if the Hub is in a clear and open space? Can you please also let us know if you have performed a factory reset?

Thank you

Beth

Hi Beth,

Yes i have performed a factory reset as well as multiple power off's overnight, but the light is red immediately when it is turned back on. The Hub is at the end of a desk with plenty of space around it.

Thanks,

Nick

Reece_MH
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi nick25 👋

Thanks for providing us with an update. I'm sorry to hear the red light isn't reverting back to orange/white. I'm going to send you a private message, so we can look into this further for you.

Please look out for my message in the top-right, white envelope or by clicking your profile picture then "Messages".

Thanks,

Reece - Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our FAQ

Hi I`m having the same problem. The red light is always on,Gets hot and I`ve done what everyone has suggested, Reset it all, unplugged it, Had a fan on it, phoned up the Virgin tech dept I explained what I have done and told them about the heat and I`ve had a fan on it and all I got we will keep an eye on it for 24 hours and it`s still the same phone us back what a load of B-S as the norm I also told them what should I do if it catches fire he said phone me back,I said if I`m still alive. So can someone help me please? 

Hi @Mca666 

Welcome to our community forums and thank you for your first post.

Sorry to hear you have been having ongoing issues with your red hublight. We can understand your concern and want to best help. To look into this issue, I have sent you a private message. Please keep an eye out for an envelope at the top right corner of your Forum page. Let me know if you have any issues locating this.

Thanks,

Akua_A
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs