cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Red light hub 3

Rigsy1
Joining in

Have tried resetting the hub multiple times. I have left the hub off for a period to see if it would cool. The red light remains. Have called virgin only to be told there are no issues with the hub even though I'm getting very intermittent connections has been going on for a few weeks now 

40 REPLIES 40

Travis_M
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Thank you ja5onh - we'll communicate via private message now and I'll be back in touch as soon as this has been received 🙂

Regards

Travis_M
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs

peterfishvet
Joining in

Like the others I have this problem, white light in router mode, but red light in modem mode, it's been that way for weeks. I've done all the things, switching off, leaving off, reset button.

I called Virgin who told me their equipment doesn't like other equipment connected (had a draytek router  connected for about 5 years until a few weeks ago when this started). 

On the chance that the draytek was failing I bought an ASUS router to work with my ASUS mesh system - the wifi is now fantastic but I still have a red light on my modem mode hub3.

jbrennand
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Just to be clear... in modem mode the Hub3 light goes to "magenta" - which looks red to many eyes.  If you flick it back to normal router mode for a 2' test - what colour does the light become - if its white - then there is no issue.

--------------------
John
--------------------

I do not work for VM. My services: HD TV on VIP (+ Sky Sports & Movies & BT sport), x3 V6 boxes (1 wired, 2 on WiFi) Hub5 in modem mode with Apple Airport Extreme Router +2 Airport Express's & TP-Link Archer C64 WAP. On Volt 350Mbps, Talk Anytime Phone, x2 Mobile SIM only iPhones.

Riffyraffy
Joining in

Hi,

I’m having the same issues mentioned on this thread re:red light on my hub. I’ve checked the cables, turned on and off, reset it, it isn’t too hot or in sunlight etc. I’ve had a couple of periods of intermittent internet over the last few weeks but having read the other comments it sounds like a fairly common issue that requires a new hub. Any ideas how to actually contact Virgin to confirm this and get the process in motion? Thanks 

Hello Riffyraffy,

Thanks for your first post and welcome to our Community.
Sorry to hear you are having an issue with the red light and connection drops on your Hub.
I'd like to take a look into this for you and arrange a swap.
If you don't mind, I will need to send you a private message to pass security. 
If you can check your logo at the  top right of your screen that would be great. 
Regards     
Gareth_L

Hi,

Having googled the issue I've stumbled across this help forum, I’m having the same issues also as previously mentioned on this thread which is a constant red base light on my hub 3 which appeared a couple of weeks ago. I’ve checked everything, turned on and off, reset it numerous times which hasn't helped, it isn’t hot as such just warm near the top of the router, also is not sat in sunlight. I'm getting intermittent WiFi problems where its been dropping out over the last few weeks so sounds like the issue others have reported which is overheating and I'm now worried about a possible fire risk 

Could a member of the forum team please message me with a view to arranging either an appointment or a new router please

Many Thanks 

Hi Edgardavids,

Thanks for posting on our community forums. We're sorry to hear that you've been having a red-light issue on your hub 3 for the past 2 weeks. We appreciate you trying to reset the hub, however if the red light is constant, we will need to investigate this issue further for you.

I am going to pop you over a private message to take some details from you. Please click on the envelope at the top of the page to accept the chat.

Kind regards Jodi. 

Hello, i am having this exact issue! Ive tried calling web chat but can’t get in contact with a real person. Can you help me please

Thanks for coming back to via private message to confirm your information Edgardavids.

I have booked you in for the next available appointment. To view this please sign into My Virgin Media here: My VM. Once logged in, scroll down to Orders & appointments then click on View your orders. You can also view this in the My VM app. If you have any issues with accessing your account or unable to see your visit, please do let us know and we’ll pop you another message to pass data protection and then confirm the appointment details.

Just to confirm, there will be no charge for this visit unless:

The technician diagnoses the fault as not being caused by our network/equipment 
The technician discovers that the fault or problem relates to your equipment
The technician discovers that the fault or problem relates to any system that we are not responsible for
The technician will confirm during their visit if any of these instances apply, and if so, a £25 charge will be applied to your account.

Please ensure that someone over the age of 18 is at the property for the time the engineer is there. If the appointment is unsuitable or if anyone living at your property has tested positive for Coronavirus, has been asked to self-isolate or has flu-like symptoms then please reschedule the appointment on the same link. If you do miss the appointment for any reason, a £25 missed appointment charge will be applied to your account on the day of the appointment, so it is important to reschedule if needed.

Let us know how the appointment goes.

Take care.

Jodi. 

Thanks,

All sorted now as the engineer has replaced the hub and so far so good