cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

No RF Signal Detected - afternoon and evening

PatrickD06
Joining in

So... for the past three days the internet connection fails with either an RF signal or internet registration failure.

It fine in the morning but fails in the afternoon and remains with an error all evening. I noticed that the TV signal is also disrupted with jagged artifacts and picture degradation. Both issues are fine the next morning.

Anyone any clues? (TBH, am thinking of just switching to a 5g mobile broadband service - anyone know if you can get TV via a 5g service privider?)

7 REPLIES 7

Client62
Legend

Check for a service fault in your street via 0800 561 0061 - it is an automated service.
Customer Support are on 150 or 0345 454 1111 from a non-VM phone to report the fault.

nodrogd
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Check the service status for your area via 0800 561 0061. This is either an SNR fault caused by VM street equipment or noise ingress. Or it is an issue with the cabling & connectors at your property causing either a weak signal or an RF ingress issue. If there are no issues on service status give the faults department a ring & get it investigated, as VM do not monitor individual customer connections.

There are no TV services on 5G mobile. All they do is push data at you. What you do with it (Streaming platforms etc) is up to you.

VM 350BB 2xV6 & Landline. Freeview/Freesat HD, ASDA/Tesco PAYG Mobile. Cable customer since 1993

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Thanks - the weird thing is that it only happens from the afternoon onwards. Just started three days ago. Spoke to Virgin this morning (when it was working) and they couldn;t find any issues. Their sugestion was to swap out the router if it reoccurs. Very vague.

Hi there @PatrickD06 

Thank you so much for your post and welcome to the community forums, it's great to have you here. 

I am so sorry to hear that you have been experiencing this issue and a big thank you to our community members for their help and advise so far. 

Can I ask how things have been looking since your last post? 

No solution. Am awaiting a replacement Hub 2.0, but have little confidence that that is the problem. Currently getting  better and more consistent service than ever via my 4g phone's hotspot. Will try the new Hub, but am also exploring a 5g router option.

Hi @PatrickD06, thank you for your response.

Have you received the replacement Hub since you last posted? If so, how have things been?

Please pop back to us at your earliest convenience.

Regards,
Daniel

Got the replacement hub. It didn't work (red light no RF signal) on the first day, then worked very well yesterday and then today didn't work again (no registration). 

In the meantime, set up a 5g router. It works extremely well.