cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

No Internet Since Coming Back From Holiday

Nicktilt
Joining in

So we went on holiday to the USA on 10th Nov, since returning today, our internet is down. Upon returning, the light on the Hub 5 was flashing red. Upon restarting/rebooting/factory resetting, the light now continues to blink green (been hours between reboots to account for potential firmware updates). When we landed in the USA, my husband activated Volt from their O2 account to use the benefits of roaming in the USA. We have an engineer coming out Monday 20th, but even the tech team on the phone thought it was a weird coincidence the Volt perks became active Monday 13th, the same day our ring door bell recorded it's last footage before stopping all recordings (we normally have notifications at least every hour). They can't see any issues their end, and in the IP settings we can see it says under internet "DS Scanning", "US Ranging" and "Partial Service US Only".

We have checked all connections between where the cable enters our house to the router, checked the cables etc, done all the reboots, resets, factory resets etc but same green flashing light each time.

Just wondering if anyone has had any similar situations that count potentially resolve this issue, as we work from home so need internet realistically from Monday morning. Any help or advice is greatly appreciated.

Kind Regards,

Nick

6 REPLIES 6

Cardiffman282
Knows their stuff

I suspect that you have signal noise affecting your upstream channels. One for the tech. 

I'm not a Very Insightful Person (just a little bit, sometimes). I don't work for Virgin Media (but then nor do any of the offshore customer service agents).

jbrennand
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Any known faults...?   Try the “free & automated” Service Status number - 0800 561 0061 - which usually gives the most up to date info. and tells you of more local issues and fix estimates, down to street cab/ postcode level.

Try one last reset like this..

With the Hub still "switched on" throughout, press the reset pin in firmly with paper clip/SIM tray tool or similar "thin thing" and hold it firmly for at least 60 (a timed sixty) seconds, release the pin, leave for 5’ to stabilise - dont manually switch it off at any time. Passwords and SSID’s will reset to those on the sticker so log in and change them back to what they were/should be.

--------------------
John
--------------------

I do not work for VM. My services: HD TV on VIP (+ Sky Sports & Movies & BT sport), x3 V6 boxes (1 wired, 2 on WiFi) Hub5 in modem mode with Apple Airport Extreme Router +2 Airport Express's & TP-Link Archer C64 WAP. On Volt 350Mbps, Talk Anytime Phone, x2 Mobile SIM only iPhones.

Nicktilt
Joining in

Unfortunately the hard reset, as like previous attempts, hasn't worked. The last time something similar to this happened, our router turned out to be deactivated (upgrading router at that time) but apparently our router is active. They can't tell any issues on our lines, I've checked everything, can't see any obvious damage to lines inside the house, all connections seem secure, just really annoying that it was actually off for 6 days and no reported issues in our area. Our work heavily relies on stable internet connection so having this down is a pain, we have an engineer booked for tomorrow but if they say it's a major fault this is going to have a huge affect.

Hi Nicktilt, 

Thanks for taking the time to contact us via the Community. It's lovely having you on board with us in the Forums.

We're sorry to hear you've been having an issue with your internet connection, whilst you were away. I can see the engineer came out yesterday and was able to get things sorted for you. 

If you have any further issues, pop back and let us know. 

Many thanks, 

Kath_F
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs

Virgin sent an engineer within 48hrs , turned out to be a cable clip that had lived the cable, probably been like it since day one but knocked with a hoover lol push it to far so all up and running again and with the voltz add on now getting amazing speeds, thanks for the suggestions 

Thank you for confirming this Nicktilt, glad everything is working as it should be.

If you need us in the near future you know where to find us 🙂 

Matt - Forum Team

New around here?