cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Engineer visit for no internet with new hub 5?

alistairgd
Up to speed

I tried installing a Hub 5 today but get no internet with it.

After connecting there was a blue flashing light for a few minutes, then a solid white light, but after several more minutes still no internet. I've had to plug my old Hub 2 in to get online, but speeds are 20Mb instead of 200Mb.

Can I have an engineer visit to set up my new hub and test speeds please?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

You'll probably need to contact VM as you should replace the HUB within a certain amount of time of receiving.

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

9 REPLIES 9

carl_pearce
Community elder

Have you tried the activation number 0800 953 9500.

Your old HUB should no longer work if the new HUB has been activated.

EDIT: Have you had the HUB 5 for over 6 months without using it (Based on your previous threads)?

@carl_pearce wrote:

Have you tried the activation number 0800 953 9500.

Your old HUB should no longer work if the new HUB has been activated.

EDIT: Have you had the HUB 5 for over 6 months without using it (Based on your previous threads)?

Yes, I'm just getting round to installing it now.

You'll probably need to contact VM as you should replace the HUB within a certain amount of time of receiving.

Ah ok, my bad.

Thanks. 

Tudor
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

We are not American, bad is an adjective not a noun. You mean "my error".

Tudor
There are 10 types of people: those who understand binary and those who don't and F people out of 10 who do not understand hexadecimal c1a2a285948293859940d9a49385a2

No I meant what I said. Look up colloquialism.

Thanks for the contribution though 🐵

Hi alistairgd,

Thank you for your post. I'm sorry to hear about the issue with your service after installing the new hub. 

Have you been able to get this resolved? If not let us know and we can investigate this.

^Martin

Hi Martin

Thanks, but no, I have not managed to get time to phone VM and ask if it is a hub activation I need. 

No problem, thank you or letting us know @alistairgd 

I'm going to pop you a PM so we can take a closer look into this. I will pop you a PM across now, please keep an eye out for the envelope at the top of your screen alerting you to a new message.