cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Black wifi pod - connection issue

masefield
Joining in

I am growing a little cheesed off now. I am beginning to despair with VM at the moment and I'm beginning to wish that I hadn't upgraded to a hub 5 - I am now having wifi connection issues. I have received a delivery of a black wifi pod today and basically it is now powered up in the same room as my new hub and the light is blinking white slowly - it should really connect in the same room but is obviously not connecting. These wifi pods clearly do not work - and I was wondering as to whether any body else has used a different system - its just as well that I haven't paid for this bit of kit as I'm sorry to say its a complete load of c**p. Any solutions anybody!! 

10 REPLIES 10

mobailey
Dialled in

Just got my new black pods delivered too. So far, no connection, just white flashing light too.  Connect app can't see it either.

Adduxi
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

The pods "should" spring into life after a short period.  However it may be they have not been paired with the Hub?  Have you tried with the WPS on the Hub?

Call the equipment activation number they may be able to help. It's 0800 953 9500 and you will need the Hub/Pod  serial number/MAC address from the barcode sticker, and your account number.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

mobailey
Dialled in

Pressing WPS on the hub is a good idea, but made no difference. My hub, pod and phone are all just a few cm away from each other.

Itried that number, and I've been on the phone with VM for over half an hour, and she can't get the new black pod to pair with the Hub5.

I've been promised a call back from her manager at 3pm...

Don't hold your breath!

mobailey
Dialled in

I did get a callback. The manager rebooted my hub remotely, and tried a few more things,  but couldn't resolve it. Still not connecting to the mother hub.

No change to flashing white lights. Laptop plugged into ethernet port of the pod not seeing the Internet(tried both)

I'm now expecting a call from their technical team, sometime tomorrow. (So stuck at home for both days over the weekend.)

Client62
Legend

Call the equipment activation number 0800 953 9500, have the details from the Hub sticker and all the VM Pods to hand.   Ask for the VM Pods to be paired to your Hub.

Note: Calling the customer support number does not appear to be the way to get this resolved.

mobailey
Dialled in

I did call 0800 953 950 yesterday - there's a number of menu items (1 for VM etc) but I still ended up with customer support.

mobailey
Dialled in

I did call 0800 953 9500 yesterday. There were a few menu choices (e.g. 1 for VM... and finally 2 to activate new equipment) but still ended up with what seemend like customer support staff working through a script and not being able to help.  At no point did they ask for either sets of serial numbers.

mobailey
Dialled in

So I waited in all day for the technical team to call me...