cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Special offers are a total con - don't fall for the lies!

Psychoviking
Joining in

I was sent a special resubscribe offer by VM, offering a discount on my current package as it was due for renewal.
Catch 1 - nowhere did it mention that some of the channels on the TV bundle would disappear. To quote the email - Same package Same Speed Less Hassle.

ALL LIES. TOTAL LIES. Not the same package, half the speed and a three hours plus and counting hassle on the phone with non English as a first language "customer service" people that make things ten times worse.

How does VM recruit its staff? Set the bar low and only employ people that fail to meet these abysmal standards?

Catch 2 - how hard can it be to answer a simple question? Does the bundle that I have need me to have an O2 mobile contract? After over tow hours on the phone, no definitive answer. I want to bin O2 asap, over priced rip off with non existent customer service - a pattern emerging here? - but have previously been told by VM that without an O2 contract the broadband speed would be downgraded.

Catch 3 - Never answer this question - how many devices are connected to your hub currently?
Despite making it abundantly clear that the pre-contract offer was rejected, my broadband speed was cut as I was told I didn't need a 1Gig connection. Sorry, I will be the judge for that - it was in my contract pre 20 December 2023, and it was in my contract post December 20, 2023. Don't tell me what I need.
Yes a VM employee decided on his own to cut me 1Gig to V500Mb unilaterally, as I had been given a good deal. I didn't ask for this deal VM offered it to me of their own accord.

Litigation here we come.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

archercj
Fibre optic

Been there, seen it, done it.

Had an email pre my renewal stating a very good price for my renewal. I was a little sceptical though that it  wasnt like for like (didn't state Netflix for starters). Rang them and after two escalations (first one said the email was wrong and the actual price was DOUBLE that quoted in the email and then the next CS representative put it up even more) I got the price I was happy with and was told this was a like for like package (I made them repeat it as I know phone calls are recorded if I need to refer back).

What ensued was one of my two set top boxes was disconnected immediately (ended up having to have an engineer out to replace it about 2 weeks later), I lost a lot of my subscription channels and my broadband speed was halved to 500mb. I must have spent over 20 hours on the phone or in Whatsapp messaging before it got rectified. I put in two internal complaints which went missing. Trouble with that is I amassed a 12 page document on all my experiences, including screenshots, yet it is difficult to send that to them.

Regarding Ofcom - I tried but a) you have to wait a certain period of time and b) they appear not to accept individual claims any more (I may be wrong there but it looks that way). They instead guide you to two ADR schemes: the Communications and Internet Services Adjudication Scheme (CISAS) and Communications Ombudsman. All providers must belong to one of the schemes.

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

10 REPLIES 10

Psychoviking
Joining in

As an update - VM have taken it upon themselves to close my complaint that I made without responding. Green light to go straight to Ofcom as a result?

archercj
Fibre optic

Been there, seen it, done it.

Had an email pre my renewal stating a very good price for my renewal. I was a little sceptical though that it  wasnt like for like (didn't state Netflix for starters). Rang them and after two escalations (first one said the email was wrong and the actual price was DOUBLE that quoted in the email and then the next CS representative put it up even more) I got the price I was happy with and was told this was a like for like package (I made them repeat it as I know phone calls are recorded if I need to refer back).

What ensued was one of my two set top boxes was disconnected immediately (ended up having to have an engineer out to replace it about 2 weeks later), I lost a lot of my subscription channels and my broadband speed was halved to 500mb. I must have spent over 20 hours on the phone or in Whatsapp messaging before it got rectified. I put in two internal complaints which went missing. Trouble with that is I amassed a 12 page document on all my experiences, including screenshots, yet it is difficult to send that to them.

Regarding Ofcom - I tried but a) you have to wait a certain period of time and b) they appear not to accept individual claims any more (I may be wrong there but it looks that way). They instead guide you to two ADR schemes: the Communications and Internet Services Adjudication Scheme (CISAS) and Communications Ombudsman. All providers must belong to one of the schemes.

Hey there @Psychoviking  Thanks for reaching out to us on the Virgin Media forums, 👋🏼

I'm sorry to hear about the poor way your complaint has been dealt with.
Just before I look in to the case, I'd like to ask if this was the original complaint that has been closed down?

Or have you made replies to the complaint and have had replies from our complaints team as well? If the complaints team issue out a response and no response is given within 28 days, the case is automatically closed due to no response.
A case can be referred to the Ombudsman after 56 days / 8 weeks or if a final verdict has been given to which you are not happy.

Let us know and we'll investigate the case for you and see what we can do before anything else goes ahead.

Kind regards,
Ilyas.

Ilyas_Y
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs

Psychoviking
Joining in

@Ilyas Y
The original complaint is was answered today, TOTALLY unsatisfactory response, basically stick you fingers in your ears and go La, la, la, I am not listening.
After the phone call with Gabriel, I raised a second complaint as my broadband speed was halved and the TNT sports channels have still not been reactivated, so problems doubled. This complaint was closed down immediately, so I raised it again. This too was closed down immediately. My original post was made in response to Virginmedia's could give a toss attitude to its customers.
Feel free to investigate but the next step is to spread my disgust over social media and the legacy press.

Just to make things crystal clear:
I received an unsolicited offer from Virginmedia to renew my package on 12 December 2023 - "same package, same speeds, less hassle"
I accepted the offer, but on 20 December 2023 TNT Sports vanished - so not the same package.
Contacted tech support on 21 Dec and was passed to the retention team, who were looking into it.
29 December 2023 contacted retention team with a query about the shambes that goes by the name of O2 - a simple question - do I need to keep O2 with my package as it isn't mentioned on the new contract I received.
Gabriel interfered with my package, and didn't resolve the TNT Sports issue but downgraded my broadband from 1 Gb to 500 Mb. I refused to accept the pre contract package he sent through.

Hi @Psychoviking 

Thanks for posting and welcome to the community.

Sorry to hear of this account dispute and also complaint experience.

I'll send you a PM now to assist further.

Best wishes.

John_GS
Forum Team

Need a helpful hand to show you how to make a payment? Check out our guide - How to pay my Virgin Media bill

IMG_1726.jpeg

I have received this email four times in the last few weeks….,it’s clear that on one has received the “same package”!

Hi Harley2017,

Thank you for reaching out to us in our community and welcome back, have you been able to add the offered package or are you wanting to stop the offers coming through to you?

Regards

Paul.

Hi Paul

I want to know if you can guarantee that this is a true offer that’s being offered to me on this Email? 
As you probably already know this email has been sent to other customers and when they take the offer up they very soon discover that it is not true as they loose certain channels and broadband service is reduced. 
Thanks

I will be more than happy to have a closer look for you, I will send you an invite into a private chat, once received please click on the white envelope to accept.

Regards

Paul.