cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Dirty and used Routers

OnewhoSighs
Joining in

I’m curious if Virgin Media has a habit of sending new customers filthy and used broadband routers. I’m all for saving the planet, but making customers scrub the box before they plug it in is taking recycling to a new level.

I would have settled for a swap, but I suppose that’s too much to ask for a new customer. Cancelling it is

4 REPLIES 4

Matthew_ML
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hey OneWhoSighs, thank you for reaching out and a warm welcome to the community I am sorry to hear about this.

Sometimes we do send recycled kit out but it shouldn't be in this state.

I have looked at our side and I can see you've spoke to the team about this, did they manage to help?

Matt - Forum Team

New around here?

Hi Matthew_ML, thank you for looking into it. Unfortunately, Virgin Media was unable to replace my router due to company policy. They highlighted that each customer is provided with a specific router and, beyond that, they have no other options but to terminate the contract if the customer is dissatisfied with the router. They did offer some incentives, such as increased speed, but none of those solutions directly addressed my issue so I declined.

We all know the saying “One man’s trash is another man’s treasure”. Well, not in this case. This trash is just trash.

You shouldn't receive 'dirty' HUBs (Not sure exactly what you mean by this), however you should expect to receive used HUBs as they are rented kit.

Hi @OnewhoSighs, no problem at all. Thank you for your response.

We're really sorry to hear you're leaving us 😔

If there's anything else you'd like to discuss, please don't hesitate to contact us.

Regards,
Daniel