cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Virgin media Hard search affect credit score

phelo
Joining in

I just had an email from ClearScore stating that a hard search will be added on my score done by Virgin media. I had a preaggrement with them a couple of days ago for changing my broadband to them. The salesman said that there is going to be a SOFT search by them, just to see if I ever had an agreement with them in the past and did not paid. I specifically asked him to confirm again if this going to be a SOFT search and he replied “yes of course a soft search” But after the clear score email today I called virgin and they said (after 2 hours of **bleep** in the phone) that they proceeded with a Hard search 🤦🏻‍♀️I’m in the middle of remortgaging at the moment and I do not know how this will affect the procedure. I will call my financial adviser on Monday and wait to see how this hard search will affect my credit scores.. I do not understand how a company like Virgin can lie that bad that might affect their customers financial and mental health? Going through a remortgage it’s super stressful and I do not know how bad this will affect my score and my application?? My score was excellent and I never had any financial issues in the past. Is anybody out here to give me more info about that situation so I will know with what I’m dealing with please? Thank you 🙏🏼

1 REPLY 1

Gareth_L
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hello phelo.

Thanks for your first post and welcome to our Community.
Sorry to hear about the hard search on your credit file. 

I can appreciate this is not something you need right now.
I'd like to take a look into this for you and get the search removed from your credit file.
If you don't mind, I will need to send you a private message to take some details.
If you can check the Logo top right of your screen that would be great. 
Regards     
Gareth_L