cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Restricted services

Berniety
Joining in

So I’m leaving virgin as we’re moving house and they don’t cover my new area. They sorted my bill out and I came to check my app and the website and there’s a message on there saying restricted services as my bill hasn’t been paid. I’m so annoyed because it has been paid and my DD hasn’t changed. I’ve made a complaint through the website so it better get sorted and not affect my credit rating. Never had a problem before so no idea why it suddenly says I haven’t paid. 

4 REPLIES 4

Matthew_ML
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hey Berniety, thank you for reaching out and a warm welcome to the community I am so sorry to hear about this.

I have taken a look and I can see you've been in touch with the team since this post, did they manage to help at all?

Matt - Forum Team

New around here?

unisoft
Well-informed

@Berniety wrote:

So I’m leaving virgin as we’re moving house and they don’t cover my new area. They sorted my bill out and I came to check my app and the website and there’s a message on there saying restricted services as my bill hasn’t been paid. I’m so annoyed because it has been paid and my DD hasn’t changed. I’ve made a complaint through the website so it better get sorted and not affect my credit rating. Never had a problem before so no idea why it suddenly says I haven’t paid. 

Its an app bug. Had the same thing as soon as I gave notice. VM Staff looked into it, but internal IT still haven't fixed it. Check the my virgin media portal in a web browser, that's the accurate version. If it doesn't say RESTRICTED there you are OK.

As you get closer to termination date, you'll get emails saying last bill not paid. Its correct in one way, because the FUTURE Direct Debit hasn't been collected by THEM as yet even though it's still in-place with bank. It makes it sound like you need to pay.

VM keep billing until actual disconnection, so if your billing period crosses another month, then you may get an email for another month's payment even if you disconnect on the day of the next cycle (as produced in advance by VM). A few days later of doing nothing, the ONLINE my Virgin Media billing will usually cancel the month ahead charge out (or part amount if your disconnection actually falls in that new billing month) and then calculate any credit due back which takes ages for them to send by cheque.

Hope this helps. VM really need to get a  grip on discrepancies amongst their systems.

Thank for your reply 

it says restricted services on the app AND the website which is worrying. I rang them and they said not to worry because I don’t owe them anything but I’ll be glad to leave them to be honest they’ve been awful. Still worried about them screwing up my credit report because I just don’t trust them to do anything right. Thank you for the response though I’ll keep a close eye on it until the disconnection day

Hi @Berniety thanks for getting back to us.

Sorry to hear of the concerns you have around accessing your online account and confusion around your billing.  I would like to take a look on your behalf. I am going to send you a private message. Please keep an eye on your inbox in the top right of your screen.

Regards

Lee_R