cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sky Sports HD as standard with certain deals?

Dan723
Joining in

To Virgin Media

It is 2024, how is Sky Sports HD not standard. HD has been around for well over 15 years. Also considering that UHD is now available, so is it extra to take HD and then extra again to take UHD or can you just take the UHD?

Why is it still extra to have this in HD? only getting 576i in 2024 is crazy considering how much Sky Sports is, The quality on the Sky Sports SD channels are very poor quality. 

I read a few different places that with the bigger combo + sports, Sky Sports is HD as standard is this correct? 

I would like to discuss this please, preferably in PM

Daniel

13 REPLIES 13

Lee_R
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi Dan723 thanks for posting and welcome back to our community.
Sorry to hear you're unhappy with how Sky Sports HD is charged.  We don't own the channels, we just carry them and as such, we don't set the prices.  You can find out more regarding the requirements, here.

Regards

Lee_R

That didnt really answer my query, can I send a pm to discuss this matter

Roger_Gooner
Alessandro Volta

There are people with old TVs who watch content in SD. If you're suggesting that HD should be the minimum resolution, why should they be forced to pay extra for HD.

Furthermore this is a community forum and not the means to discuss non-private matters via PMs.

--
Hub 5, TP-Link TL-SG108S 8-port gigabit switch, 360
My Broadband Ping - Roger's VM hub 5 broadband connection

Thanks for the reply @Dan723 on the Virgin Media forums. 👋🏼

The only package where Sky Sports HD and UHD is within the core package itself would be the Ultimate Volt package / Mega Volt package.
Apart from that, Sky Sports HD / UHD is an add-on as per Sky Sports and the charges they have in relation to this.

Kind regards,
Ilyas.

Ilyas_Y
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs

Sky Cinema is not provided in SD anymore, not saying people should pay more for the HD channels, HD should be the standard.

As for wanting to discuss in private I think the account is a private matter not one that would discuss in a public forum. 

When looking at the T&C it says Bigger Combo bundle + Sports HD so does that bundle come with sky sports HD as standard.

So can you confirm. Is it £7 to take sky sports HD and then a further £7 for UHD. So it would cost £14 per month extra to access sky sports UHD. Is that correct. 

With this package it is included in the package but not charged additionally as the cost is included in the overall package cost Dan723.

Rob

newapollo
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

@Dan723 wrote:

When looking at the T&C it says Bigger Combo bundle + Sports HD so does that bundle come with sky sports HD as standard.

So can you confirm. Is it £7 to take sky sports HD and then a further £7 for UHD. So it would cost £14 per month extra to access sky sports UHD. Is that correct. 

Hi Daniel,

Sky Sports HD is included in the package price for the Bigger Combo bundle + Sports HD, and also in the Mega Volt package, however if you wanted Sky Sports in UHD on either of those packages then you would need to pay an additional charge of £7 per month.

Dave
I don't work for Virgin Media.
I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge.
Problem solved? Click to mark as a Helpful Answer, or use Kudos to say thanks
The do's and don'ts.
Keep the community welcoming for all. Please read the FAQ's
The Service you do for others is the rent you pay for your room here on Earth - Muhammad Ali

Roger_Gooner
Alessandro Volta

Just to confirm: if you have Sky Sports SD and don't upgrade to a bundle which includes a Sky Sports upgrade, you will need to pay £7pm for the upgrade to HD and £7pm for the further upgrade to UHD, so £14pm in total.

--
Hub 5, TP-Link TL-SG108S 8-port gigabit switch, 360
My Broadband Ping - Roger's VM hub 5 broadband connection