cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Order did not arrive.

lanfearofy
Joining in

I ordered a broadband on Monday. Immediately afterwards, I received a confirmation and precontract documents e-mail stating that delivery would be on Thursday. When it didn't arrive until Thursday 17:30, I first wrote on chat but they couldn't help, then I called the hotline. After waiting for 15 minutes, they searched for the account by repeatedly asking for the e-mail address, account holder name and postcode. The person I spoke to said he could not find an account. I asked him to look at the order reference, but he said that he was not authorised and that the manager had left and asked me to call the next day, that is, today. I called today morning and waited on the line for 32 minutes. Even though I tried to explain the situation to the caller, he insistently asked for the same information. I gave and again the account was not found. Then I was told that the service was unavailable at the address I gave. However, I was previously told both on the phone and on the internet that the service was available and that the previous user was a Virgin user. They told me that they would call me within 5-7 working days. I told them that I didn't want to wait that long and that I wanted to cancel the order. They said that if there was no service, there would be no order, so they couldn't cancel it. I repeatedly asked if I would be charged for this and they said that I would not be charged.

When I looked at the forum, I read that the problem was solved when the order was given from the beginning and I wanted to try this. Then I checked whether there was service to the same address again to try it and since there was service, I created a new order. 

But this evening at 8.17 pm I received an e-mail stating that I already have an order to this address, so they will not proceed, that they called me and could not reach me (there is no missed call on my phone), that I should wait for them to call me, that I can reach them by chat (the link does not work) or by phone if I want (I called immediately after receiving the mail on Friday, but it is closed until Monday).

I don't remember getting a worse service than this in my life. I've been waiting for internet for 5 days and I can't reach any official before waiting for at least 20 minutes. I can never get a satisfactory answer from the officials I reach. do I have an account or not? If not how am I getting confirmation email? Does service exist in my address or not? If it exists why am I told it does not exist? If it does not exist, why do you make promise of start up on Thursday? What for I am waiting for  5-7 working days? How can’t I cancel my order ? I'm just asked to sit and wait without internet. I can't even cancel my order because I can't even create an account. I'm waiting for an explanation.

3 REPLIES 3

newapollo
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Hi lanfearofy 

You could try calling the pre-installs team on 0800 052 1734 - they have details of all new orders

They are open  8:00am to 9:00pm  Monday to Friday, and 8:00am to 6:00pm Saturday and Sunday

Dave
I don't work for Virgin Media.
I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge.
Problem solved? Click to mark as a Helpful Answer, or use Kudos to say thanks
The do's and don'ts.
Keep the community welcoming for all. Please read the FAQ's
The Service you do for others is the rent you pay for your room here on Earth - Muhammad Ali

Thanks for the reply. We did call actually. They were the ones I mentioned in the post. 

Hi @lanfearofy thanks for posting and welcome to our community.

Sorry to hear you're having difficulties attempting to join us as a customer, the poor customer service you're receiving and any inconvenience this may be causing you.  I would like to take a look on your behalf. I am going to send you a private message. Please keep an eye on your inbox in the top right of your screen.

Regards

Lee_R