cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: 40% price increase.

AdBeau90
Tuning in

They've done the same to me except mines gone up 54%. I've set in motion cancelling as its a joke. Years of virgin TV loyalty and in the past 3 years my bills gone from 70-172 

7 REPLIES 7

Harley2017
Superfast

Hi

I thought that VM were duty bound to inform customers a month prior to any increase in costs!!!

japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Your contract and monthly bills, show the standard price for your package, the amount of time-limited discounts and their expiry date.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Kath_F
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi AdBeau90, 

Thanks for taking the time to contact us via the Community. It's lovely having you on board with us in the Forums.

We're really sorry to hear you feel this way. When you join us as a new customer or recontract as an existing customer, you will usually be on a welcome/promotional offer. When this offer ends, you'll usually revert to the standard package price for the bundle.

The cost of this will be listed on your contract and the end date of the discounts will be listed on each bill. We also send out an End Of Contact Notification to all our customers before their contract comes to an end highlighting the new package price and also any offers that may be of interest. You can view more about your billing here.

Although 'new customer' offers may not always be available to existing customers, that doesn't mean that you miss out once you've joined us. We often have offers and special deals on our services, or one-off promotions to make sure you carry on getting the value you'd expect.

We're always happy to review your package and cost to help find one that best suits your needs and budget - this doesn't always mean a downgrade! If you want to chat with us, please feel free to call on 150 / 0345 454 1111 or pop us a message on WhatsApp on 07305327112. 

Thanks, 

Kath_F
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs

Hi Kath, 

I was fully aware of my original increase. However since my contract began you raised my bills twice. Once through your yearly index rise which won't ever not happen and the other because your costs increased. 

My issues lie with the fact I've now had to sacrifice channels to remain remotely close to my current price which is already crazy expensive as it is. 

It took me to get to your retentions team to get any kind of offer below your 'renewal package offer' 

According to OFCOM in 2020 

Anyone who is already out of contract must also be reminded they are out of contract, and told every year about their firm’s best deals.

^ this most CERTAINLY DOES NOT occur.

Why? I'd be interested to know what loophole virgin jump through to suggest why they breach OFCOM rules to their customers. I was not once offered a new customer deal price

'your provider’s best deals, including any prices only available to new customers.' I believe the exact quote is on the OFCOM website. 

So I still raise the question why am I being charged MORE than a new customer is and why are you BREACHING OFCOM RULES! I expect a good response on this before I raise it to OFCOM directly. 

I ran my 'new deal' literally 5 minutes ago and for a new customer it's £100 

I'm paying 121.25 with discount!

And with my old package fully it's still cheaper than this and I wouldn't have lost channels...

So again I reiterate WHY are you not following OFCOM guidelines?

Basically I should leave and join again and I'll save a bucket load. Because your 'loyalty discount' is just a joke hush money discount really..

japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Nowhere in Ofcom's regulations are VM required to offer all "renewing" customers the same prices as new-ones, there's also a strong school of thought that says if this were the case then prices for everyone would increase to compensate.

You may get less stress and better results by understanding how VM's renegotiation process works. Price up alternative suppliers for your combination of services, and compare that against whatever undiscounted price you are currently paying. Decide the price you're willing to pay VM to remain, and go to retentions armed with those facts & figures. At the very least you are less emotive and more prepared, at best you'll get a much better outcome.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Hi AdBeau90 👋 

Thanks for getting back to us. Sincerest apologies for any frustration caused by our response to your last message, and for your experience in getting support with your package price. 

All customers are sent an end of contract notification when their current contract is coming to an end, explaining their options and that they will see an increase in package price if no change is made. You can see more about this here 👉  Information about your Virgin Media contract | Virgin Media Help . If you have not received an end of contract notification it may be worth checking your junk and spam folders, and also our contact information for you. You can do this via My VM 👉 virg.in/myVM or we can send you a PM to confirm a few details and update this for you manually. Please do let us know if you need help to update your contact information!

In terms of package prices for new customers, we do have some deals which are exclusive to new customers. These are for a limited time only, and all customers benefit from one of these deals when first joining us. I am sorry to hear the team were unable to match the price you have seen online on this basis, they will have worked with you to offer the lowest price using available packages and discounts. 

If you are looking for us to raise a complaint so we have a formal record of your feedback on the account please let us know, and we can send you a PM to do so, and then we can investigate further and offer additional support if needed! Or if you would prefer to do this yourself via the online portal you can raise one here 👉 https://virg.in/makacomp

Let us know if there is anything further you are needing help and support with! Wishing you all the best. 🌞

Molly