cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Moving House process

ibiker
Joining in

Hi,

Yesterday I let Virgin know that I was going to be moving house next week. I did this via the chat bot first and was eventually passed through to an agent. They had a good understanding of the process but it would be very helpful if VM could cut out all of the bizarre billing and emails that get sent around once the moving date is confirmed.

I was told that my contract price will remain the same but they can't send an email confirming that - instead I get the wrong price and a promise that my discount will be applied to bring it down to the correct price.

I also get a few emails that I am told to ignore, which I will, but not a single email that states what is actually going on. I'm not sure if this is still being processed but would be great to get a confirmation of things like..the new address, date of move etc. I did receive a text message with a link to see the details of my moving pack with a delivery date, but the URL supplied for this simply goes to my account page, which has no information about the move date. So I have no idea where address this pack is supposed to be going to and hopefully it will arrive at the new house. If I wasn't use to this kind of thing from VM I would have no idea what was going on and I will probably need to check with VM to ensure everything is actually confirmed. It is a very strange way of communicating.

1 REPLY 1

Gareth_L
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hello ibiker.

Thank you for heading back onto our community.

Sorry to hear about the mixed messages you have been getting after requesting to move your services.

From experience it sounds like bundle for your new property is not able to be carried over so our movers team will arrange a credit to cover any difference, We can check that from here for you as well as confirming the move dates.

If you don't mind, I will need to send you a private message to pass security for both accounts.
If you can check the logo top right of your screen that would be great. 
Regards     
Gareth_L