cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Overcharged on agreed contract

ShandyT
Tuning in

Just wondering if there is a telephone number for the UK Billing Team as it seems that the Outsourced team have a total inability to correspond with the Billing Team to tell them that Virgin UK are are ignoring their contractual agreement with regards to what they should be billing us.

On the 4th May talked to the Outsource agent again explaining payment demand yet again received for £88.00 that didn't agree with our agreed payment which is supposed to be £52.10, briefly;
On the 4th talked to someone called Mikaela @10:31 trying to get this sorted, but after a couple of hours of getting nowhere she put through to Collections and spoke to someone called May Bella who's assured us that our account was fully paid up and to ignore the £88.00 demand sent in April as for 11 months our payment will be £52.10, due to overcharge at end of Feb '23 on the new contract.  Now we get the same demand for £88.00 on bill dated May 11th

We've cancelled out DD with Virgin as it seems they'd rather overcharge us then sort it out, this DD will ONLY be put back in place once they've sorted out what our monthly bills should be.

6 REPLIES 6

carl_pearce
Community elder

All that cancelling the direct debit will do is put a default on your credit profile and causes bailiffs to turn up, VM will not contact you.

We're not stopping payment to VM, just stopping the DD, as they insist on trying to debit £88.00 every month, instead, we're making the confirmed payment of £52.10 via a bill-payments system with the bank on the 28th of the month 🙂

@ShandyT wrote:

We're not stopping payment to VM, just stopping the DD, as they insist on trying to debit £88.00 every month, instead, we're making the confirmed payment of £52.10 via a bill-payments system with the bank on the 28th of the month 🙂

But you aren't paying them what you owe, regardless of whether it's incorrect.

japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

VM's efficient payments system will see that as an amount outstanding, though. Agreed that VM need to resolve billing queries, but there's a right and wrong way of going about that - do a search on this forum for credit file queries and you'll find many posts detailing some unpleasant after-effects.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Tom_W1
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi @ShandyT thanks for your post here in the Community, although we're sorry to hear of the concerns you've raised regarding your billing issue.

As mentioned above, cancelling your Direct Debit unfortunately won't resolve this issue but instead, may lead to further problems down the line so we'd urge you not to do this.

However, please allow me to send you a PM so we can look into this further for you.

Kindly expect the PM from me to arrive shortly and respond directly when you can!
Many thanks

Tom_W