cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Continuously being overcharged

Emmarose_84
Joining in

I have been a virgin customer for a while now, I had noticed my bill had increased by almost double to £170 per month & couldn't simply afford to pay this anymore, so on the 13th April I called to cancel my package & was talked out of doing so instead I decided to just continue with broadband only for £39 per month. Virgin have continued to take £170 per month from my account despite sending me my new contract of £39 for broadband only via email. I called up on 12th June to explain they had been charging me incorrectly & received no help whatsoever from the person on the other end of the phone call, I asked for a refund of the difference of what I had been charged & was told this wasn't possible as virgin do not do refunds & if I wanted my money back that I needed to call my bank & request a refund via them. The bank were extremely helpful unlike virgin & refunded me my money immediately thank god as I was in a situation that wasn't going to mean I could afford to pay my rent as virgin had been stealing my money (I have an email confirming £39 per month new contract/package dated 13th April) I have since been sent an email from virgin letting me know my new bill is ready & the amount owing is £351.50 & my package is still showing as £170. I am now extremely upset & not getting anywhere with this company who are not updating the system to my new contract amount & keep taking my money  that does not belong to them. No one on the phone seems to be able to resolve my situation, I cannot afford to pay this amount & really don't know what to do, This is causing me extreme stress & its causing other bills not to be paid & I do not want to get in debt for virgins mistakes. help!

3 REPLIES 3

Beth_G
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi Emmarose_84,

Thank you for your post, welcome to the Community Forums!

I'm so sorry to hear there's been so many issues with your package price and billing, it sounds like this experience has been very frustrating and we'd like to help.

I've popped you over a private message so I can look into this further with you.

Beth

Hi Pi0trek,

Thanks for coming back here. 

I've just replied to your thread here: Overcharged

Please make sure you are only posting once about your issue. If you need to update the thread then just reply to your original thread rather than creating a new one. We understand it's frustrating when something's not right however posting more than once about the same fault makes the boards look busier than what they actually are. It also means we could take longer to reply due to needing to sift through duplicate posts.

Have a look at my reply on the other thread and stick with that one so we keep all the information in one place. 

Thanks, 

Kath_F
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs