cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New contract not what I ordered

Spadams96
Joining in

I received an offer from Virgin by phone on 30th January to reduce the price I was paying whilst also adding TV360, landline services and an O2 sim. I agreed to this and got a contract with start date 2nd Feb, the TV360 box arrived and I installed it. Offer price £23.

On 3rd Feb I used the My Virgin Media App to add Sky Sports HD for £19 and TNT Sports for £10. This would bring my package up to £52. I received a contract summary sheet, a contract information sheet and an email with an order reference number. They all stated that I had added Sky Sports HD and TNT Sports and my new price was £52.

Yesterday I received an email saying my request had been "fully actioned" and another email containing a new contract with yesterday's start date. It was for £52 but there was no mention of Sky Sports HD. Only TNT Sports had been added. My main services had suddenly gone from £23 to £34 with TNT charged at £18. This is clearly not what I ordered. My price has gone up by £29 for something that costs £18 full price.

I contacted Virgin using the messaging service. I spent nearly 7 hours messaging customer relations, faults and cancellations.

Customer relations told me to wait 15 days, then when I told them I had received a contract and that TNT had been activated on my package they sent me through to faults because "it show here has been affect already"

Faults told me "I can add TNT with the same bundle but to add Sky Sports HD you need to get the Sky Sports bundle first for £31.50"

When I shared the contract and order information I had received when I ordered, they told me "I am not getting the same deal for the price what you have been offered and I also see that the deal is activated"

I asked to either get what I ordered or be reverted back to my previous price and was told "I am not able to get you that price or revert back the deal" and put me through to cancellations.

Cancellations said they couldn't even see the changes on my account and again said wait 15 days, told me to contact faults and said they could neither add Sky Sports without it costing much more nor could they take away TNT Sports - "I tried to remove the channel but the price didn't change, it just removed the service"

Also told me there was no guarantee of being able to revert to the £23 package.

Is there even a 1% chance that Sky Sports HD will be added within the magical "15 days" they keep talking about or is this just a convenient way for me to lose out on my 14 day cancellation rights?

12 REPLIES 12

HavencroftKev
Fibre optic

Honestly the "15 days" feels a little too convenient for my liking, you are absolutely correct  that would take you past your 14 day cooling off period.

Sadly there are far too many examples of similar stories on here at the moment.

Keep us posted how you get on.

Spadams96
Joining in

Rang customer care and asked for the changes to be cancelled and revert back to previous contract.

They said the reason Sky Sports HD wasn't added is that I have to have Sky Sports first. Doesn't explain why it let me order it and changed my price from 23 to 52 whilst only adding on an £18 product but I guess blame the app.

She offered to give me Sky Sports for "half price" which would take my price to £63.75 I think she said. Breakdown must be 23(broadband)+18(TNT)+22.75(Sky Sports HD). Guessing £15.75 for SD and £7 for HD.

Thought it wasn't the worst offer considering I started the phone call with little hope so I agreed only for her to come back and say no matter how many times she tried to update the system "at our end" as she kept saying, it wouldn't let her because it has to be 72 hours since the last change and I'm pretty sure she said she couldn't see TNT or the £52 on my package either.

She offered to ring me back tomorrow but considering how many people on this forum have been promised call-backs etc only to not get them, I'm not holding out much hope again.

Package is showing as updated to 52 on my virgin media app and including TNT so I don't know why they can't see that.

Kain_W
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi Spadams96,

Thanks for your post and welcome to the community.

Sincere apologies for the issues faced in getting your package sorted, just so we can clarify after getting your confirmation of both channels being added to your package, are none showing whatsoever?

Also what is actually detailed in your new contract that you received?
Let us know,

Kain

Spadams96
Joining in

My contract is different to what I ordered. I ordered Sky Sports HD and TNT Sports but my contract arrived with only TNT Sports on it with a price increase from £23 on 2nd February to £52 on 6th February. I called customer care today and they told me the problem is that I ordered Sky Sports HD without already having Sky Sports. They offered to add Sky Sports to my account and give me an overall price of £63.75 but when they tried to update my account they were unable to, saying it must be at least 72 hours since the last update. I am supposed to be getting a callback tomorrow.

Spadams96
Joining in

Personally I think what happened is my package hadn't been updated on the app to show that I had taken TV, landline and O2 and I was still broadband only. So it let me order something that was only available to people without TV ie. TV360, essentials, Sky Sports HD and TNT Sports, for £29. Instead of stopping this going through, either a person or a system has added TNT Sports to my existing account and charged me £29 for it. The prices on the app were clear - £19 for Sky Sports HD and £10 for TNT Sports. I know this because I was looking at them for months when I didn't have TV with Virgin and was thinking of cancelling Sky. £19 is definitely not the price for just the HD add-on for Sky Sports, it is an introductory offer which the app let me order without recognising that I had already taken a TV package (Mixiit) as part of the offer I received on 30th which started on 2nd.

If I can either get the £63 offer from today or go back to £23 I will be happy enough. What I am not prepared to do is pay £29 for TNT Sports.

We can see you have spoken to the team earlier today, what did they advise during the call in regards to the offers and prices? Were they able to advise if they were able to resolve this for you or the options?

Rob

They said 63.75 for what I wanted but couldn't update the system so are supposed to call me tomorrow 

Reece_MH
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi Spadam96 👋

Thanks for coming back to us on this. Did the team advise on a time that they would be calling you back? Did you receive any Pre-Contract Documents confirming the pricing of the package advised?

Please do let us know how the call goes, and we'll be happy to assist further, if needed.

Thanks,

Reece - Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our FAQ

After 12.

I did not receive any pre-contract documents after yesterday's phone call as the adviser was unable to update my account or view the latest details as it had been too soon since the last update (6th Feb contract generated showing changes I made on 3rd Feb)

I did receive pre-contract documentation regarding the order I placed on 3rd February which stated Sky Sports HD and TNT added and new price of £52 but when the actual new contract was generated, Sky Sports HD was not on it. The adviser yesterday said this was due to me not having basic Sky Sports first.