cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Service termination within 24 hours but gave 30 day notice

ismailjewel72
Tuning in

My services have been terminated on the 24th of January when my contract expires on the 19th of February! After a back and forth trying to renew my contract that was not not feasible as this was expensive I said I wanted to disconnect my services. The advisor said I had to give 30 day notice which is fine. However they disconnected my internet early. Absolutely blatant mistreating of customers, it is so difficult to leave Virgin with dignity. If you require 30 day notice why disconnect it early. I even asked the advisor when my services would disconnect and was told the 22nd of February. I should not be treated this way and it should be sorted asap. This seems to be a common trend in the complaints I have noticed. Someone needs to look at this urgently.

5 REPLIES 5

John_GS
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi @ismailjewel72 

Thanks for posting and welcome back to the community. Very sorry to hear of this experience as if giving thirty days notice, then it shouldn't have been disconnected before this date.

I'll send you a PM now to get some details.

John_GS
Forum Team

Need a helpful hand to show you how to make a payment? Check out our guide - How to pay my Virgin Media bill

ismailjewel72
Tuning in

tHi there. Is there anyone out there with the same problem I am having.

I spoke to Virgin Media on the 22nd of January and gave notice of 30 days. I asked the advisor when will my services terminate and I was told the 22nd of February and after the 23rd of February I would receive a returns label to return the equipment. I then wake up on the 24th of January without any internet. I called in and spoke to advisors between the 24th and the 26th to complain why my services were disconnected on day 1 instead of day 30. They said not to worry they will arrange a reconnection and transferred me to the tele sales team for a better offer on renewal. I spoke to an advisor who agreed to do the package at £27 per month from February for 18 months and transferred me back to customer service. Who kept me on hold for a long time and then said the contract has to be disconnected and after the internet is running I could call in and get this arranged and cancelled the contract whilst I was on hold. Then I receive an email saying my contract starts on the 26th of January yet my notice period had not ended! I called back and forth was offered £26 and someone said they will call me and did not. I was given a reference number on the 26th and the price was £27 again which is fine. However it would update within 48 hours. Spoke to someone on the 1st of February to clarify the bill. They confirmed that there was a discount on the bill and that from February it would be £27 . In all this I raised two complaints the first complaint confirmed on the 30th of January that I would pay £27 a month from February after the rolling discount has been applied for 18 months. It had still not updated to show this. So I raised another complaint on the 1st to ask for this to be updated or cancel the contract as a last resort on the 5th and give me the rest of my days till the 19th of February that I was being owed on my old contract. I received an email this evening at 11.18pm to say there is no evidence to support that I have been offered this on their system. This is crazy. How is their system run. Why is it so difficult to renew or to leave Virgin Media. I can see other people having the same issue and why is it so difficult to speak to someone to solve this once and for all. Can I seek external guidance and advise on what I can do as this is not helping my mental health and it seems no one cares to resolve my issue. Any advise would be appreciated. Just tired of spending the last 3 weeks back and forth on this. 😞

ismailjewel72
Tuning in

The problem is still not resolved after two complaints. I have had an email to the second complaint to say that there is no record and that I must submit documents. How do I get this resolved. It is stressing me out now. The first complaint says I have a confirmation of £27 for 18 months from February and the second complaint which I received last night after two weeks of submitting it says there is no record. The contract on my account still shows the inflated amount. Can someone please help me.

Hey ismailjewel72, I have just replied to your message on another thread.

Please do try and keep all messages in one thread going forward. 

Matt - Forum Team

New around here?

Please see my other message on the original thread you posted.

Matt - Forum Team

New around here?