cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Auto Compensation for Delayed Activation

000Ollie000
Joining in

My original activation date was 22nd January, there have been three delays. They knew from day dot that I needed a tee connection outside my property and all anyone has done is spray paint the pavement (twice) and sent 2no. Engineers out for a visit to assess. I can see there’s an automatic compensation scheme that is £5.83 a day up until I’m finally activated. Jan 22nd to March 29th would take that up to £396. I’m reaching the end of my tether with it all but if they stay true to their word, I can just about stick it out for that sort of amount.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Cardiffman282
Knows their stuff

Ollie VM do sometimes play games when it comes to honouring the "automatic" compensation. Don't accept them and update your thread here if/when it happens to you. 

I'm not a Very Insightful Person (just a little bit, sometimes). I don't work for Virgin Media (but then nor do any of the offshore customer service agents).

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

3 REPLIES 3

Cardiffman282
Knows their stuff

Ollie VM do sometimes play games when it comes to honouring the "automatic" compensation. Don't accept them and update your thread here if/when it happens to you. 

I'm not a Very Insightful Person (just a little bit, sometimes). I don't work for Virgin Media (but then nor do any of the offshore customer service agents).

It’s been really unprofessional, I keep getting passed to different departments or, frustratingly, they put the phone down (they’re supposed to call back when this happens but they never do). I can’t see why it’s too much to ask for confirmation it’ll be granted

Hi @000Ollie000 

Welcome to the community forums 

Sorry to hear that your install has been delayed. I have checked the systems and can see that the correct team is assigned to you case and support with your delayed install. The teams will already be working hard to complete the necessary works to allow the install to go ahead.
I appreciate the frustrations caused by this. You can find our automatic compensation information here if needed. 

Here to help 🙂
Virgin Media Forums Agent
Carley