cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Help wante- Got my pre Contract documents but nothing else.

Soos_Mc
On our wavelength

I'm in same position. Found there was a renewal offer on my online account which does seem to be too good to believe. But I accepted it and had email back from "webteam" with an order number and confirming the future cost as offered. I have not had a formal contract yet.  However the order reference doesn't appear on orders section of my account yet. If I try to go back into change account it says a current order is being processed. I have been told that can take 14 working days. That takes me to 6 March but my next bill will be issued on 29 February. So it is likely to for the non discounted full amount. I can't afford to pay out that amount even though I would hope it would be sorted out in bill at end of March.       Having read other posts on here people do appear to have been misled into thinking they have a new contract pending but then are told it hasn't gone through.                                  This is all so worrying for me, a 74 year old single person on a low retirement income.

Any help appreciated. I have written my own post separately but can't find it now!

[MOD EDIT: Post split to create own thread]

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

dazstoke78
On our wavelength

I feel for you Soos and this must be very worrying for you at your age and current situation. It's not fair if they cannot or will not uphold these offers that they are sending out to people. 

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

16 REPLIES 16

Soos_Mc
On our wavelength
  • A week ago on 14th Feb 24 I clicked on a link on My virgin page which then offered me a new contract at just £8 more than I am paying now. As my contract does expire on 17 March I was thrilled.
  • I clicked on the link and received a  confirmation email from " Web team" with an order number.

Anyone else had this? Is it genuine?

•         I have now spent 2 hours on whatsapp web chat with VM. Neither Priyanka nor Nicole could trace the order. 
  •         End result told it can take 15 working days to send new remote and activate package so WAIT.
  • Priyanka did offer me new contract at £32 more than I currently pay!  No way can I afford that.

Steven_L
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi Soos_Mc,

Welcome to the community and thanks for taking the time to post here on the forums. I’m sorry to hear of the issues that you’re having with your contract renewal, the link that you have logged onto is a genuine link to renew your package but it can take up to 14 days for any online package changes to take place on your account. 

Kind Regards,

Steven_L

Soos_Mc
On our wavelength

Phew thank you!

Lee_R
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi @Soos_Mc thanks for posting and welcome back to our community.

Sorry to hear of any concerns you're having regarding your new monthly cost.  Usually in the notification emails there's a timeframe to when the deal in question would be applied.  As you've reached out to us, I would like to take a look on your behalf. I am going to send you a private message. Please Keep an eye on your inbox in the top right of your screen.
Regards

Lee_R

dazstoke78
On our wavelength

Hi Lee,

I'm having the same issue with regards to keeping my same package at the same price exclusive email offer. Any chance you can take a look at mine please? As I have accepted this offer twice now and it still says my contract expires in April 2024

Sorry Virgin Media but the response is absolute rubbish. I’m now over 28 days since I accepted the offer got an order number from the web team and still get emails asking me to renew. You ring, you web chat and the standard response is that they can’t find the order number, can’t offer that deal and then transfer you to the retentions team who also seem unable to find the order or put the matter right despite sending them a copy of the contract stating no additions and no deletions to the existing package. So the only option I have is to raise a complaint which I have done. No acknowledgment and no access to the complaint progress as shown on their website. Please rest assured that I will not give up on this and not should anyone else. Independent Arbitration here we come I suspect. Why can’t VM just do what they offered? Marketing Dept out of control??

I don't hold much luck for myself then, I'm currently in a chat with the retention team 🤞

Please post how you get on. Good luck.

They say that the package is showing in my account and will start on the 26th of this month. I guess we wait and see what happens now. No mention of this discount from him though, this is not really the service you expect 🙄 

1000007472.jpg