cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cant renew online

Rebekah12
Just joined

Hello

My contract ended on April 12th I called before hand spoke to someone and they renewed it and told me to expect an email within the next 30 days still nothing I have spoke to virgin today who have said that it hasn't renewed currently been on hold for an hour , can't renew online keeps saying oops something went wrong , please help

2 REPLIES 2

WhiteRose12
Tuning in

Rebekah

Odd and paradoxical as it may seem, you now are in a very good position. Your minimum term has expired, you tried to renew on different terms, but VM’s famously dysfunctional systems have messed this up.

Which means you can leave, just give them 30 days notice and leave without any penalty - well you will have to pay a month or so at the full, non-discounted rate, but that’s probably a small price to pay!

So, honestly, what you need to do is to investigate alternate suppliers, what actually do you really need, what can they offer, what timeframes?

Having done that, you sign up with an alternative supplier, and then call VM and cancel, literally cancel everything, ignore any ‘offers’ to stay. The likelihood is that having done so, at some point VM will call you and suddenly offer you a far better offer - accept it of not (it’s likely to be a one-off offer), and if you do accept it, you can cancel the other supplier.

Annoying that you have to go through this fiasco, but it is what it is!

David_Bn
Forum Team
Forum Team

Thanks for reaching out to us @Rebekah12, and a very warm welcome to you!

I'm sorry to hear of the difficulties faced when attempting to renewal the package agreement on your service. 

Do please check out the envelope in the top right hand corner for a private message from me and I'll be happy to assist you with this one

Thanks,

David_Bn