cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Trying to cancel

hardhatharry
Joining in

Virgin want to increase my bill from £55 to £149 so I want to cancel

Online chat doesn't work, on hold for over 30 mins listening to some terrible music, is this how Virgin stops customers from cancelling these days?

3 REPLIES 3

WhiteRose12
Tuning in

@hardhatharry wrote:

Virgin want to increase my bill from £55 to £149 so I want to cancel

, is this how Virgin stops customers from cancelling these days?

Possibly, but I wouldn't give them that degree of competence.

Your very best bet is to write to them (no sniggering at the back) at 

Virgin Media, Sunderland, SR43 4AA

In your letter, you include your name, address and account number and make it perfectly clear that you wish to cancel ALL of your services as of xyz date, where xyz is thirty days plus a couple more after the date of posting the letter. This is actually legally important.

Make sure you keep copy a of the letter and send it by registered (signed for) delivery.

No guarantee that VM still won’t mess up but you will absolutely win an Ombudsman adjudication.

Cardiffman282
Super solver

As per the sage advice from WhiteRose12. Also if your 18 month discount is nearly up you can also see if you can get a new deal (if you can face the hassle). 

I'm not a Very Insightful Person (just a little bit, sometimes). I don't work for Virgin Media (but then nor do any of the offshore customer service agents).

Matthew_ML
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hey hardhatharry, thank you for reaching out and I am sorry to hear this.

I have taken a look and I can see you've spoke to the team since this post, did they manage to help at all?

Matt - Forum Team

New around here?